Tuesday, December 14, 2010

You May Have Noticed

You might have noticed that I put poetry up here occasionally.  It's not always just to "showcase my talent", haha. Sometimes it's because I have so much going through my head, that instead of writing it all down and sorting through it, I'll write a poem.

I had thought that I'd write about my friend "Sky" tonight, because there is a very funny story associated with him.  But sometimes it's hard to dwell on him because our friendship has...taken a different course.  And this kind of breaks my heart.  So instead of the story, here's another poem!

Don't worry about tomorrow,
It's well within my sight.
I don't want your pity,
Just love me for tonight...
I know that you don't love me.
Baby that's all right.
I will take a memory
Just love me for tonight.
Not looking for a promise,
I'll try with all my might
To walk away unscathed
So love me for tonight...
No regrets to linger;
Dawn's coming after night.
Whispering "I need you."
Just love me for tonight.
Slowly I roll over;
The sun's now shinig bright.
Only your scent remains:
You loved me for one night.

Love you Sky...

No comments:

Post a Comment