Saturday, December 18, 2010

A "Mart" by Any Other Name

Finally, my Christmas vacation is here!  It started yesterday at 4:15 p.m.  The day should have crawled, but I was so busy making sure I didn't leave any loose ends, that it flew by.

So since I was on vacation, the first thing I had to do was GO TO WAL-MART.  Kitty needed a gift for a party she was going to, but of course just going to Hallmark where they will even WRAP your gift wasn't good enough.  And even though she had already done her Christmas shopping, Brie decided to go to.

We swore that we were just getting the gift and maybe a couple of other items.  But you know what happened: we went in, got a cart, and the fugue state set in.  By the time the cashier finished ringing us up, Kitty's came to $39 and mine was $86!  Sure this was the cheapest we'd come out with, but still: it only would have come to $10 if we'd gone to Hallmark!

But that's not even the worst part:  I had to drop Kitty off at her party at 10:30 (an after work party) and she said she'd call me when I should pick her up.  So instead of just sitting in the parking lot for a couple of hours, I decided to visit the local K-Mart which was a couple of miles down the road, to kill some time.

I hadn't been to K-Mart in months because it's kind of out of the way and the prices are sometimes more than I want to pay.  But now that it's Christmas-time: let the sales begin!  Joe Boxer jammies: 50%!  Holiday socks: $.99!  3-in-1 gloves: $1.00!  Joe Boxer thermals: 50% off!  Need I go on?  I did Christmas shopping that I didn't even know I had to do! 

In all honesty I was only going to look for some new Christmas CDs and some some chili-flavored ramen noodles (or hot-ass oodie of noodie, as Brie calls it).  I got what I came for, and a lot more!

I had set a cap on what I wanted to spend, but I went waaaayyy over.  I had the money, but I figured I might need some to tide me over until next payday!  So reluctantly I put a few items back, even though it still came to $118!  Seriously!

I guess during holiday season: K-Mart is the new Wal-Mart.  I just thank God the girls weren't with me!

Now I must get myself ready for the hockey game (shout out to the Phantoms!).  Not only will I enjoy the game whether they win or lose, but I'll have some cotton candy too :o)  And also see my favorite PR guy.  Hope he'll be at JP Bruno's later ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment