Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Full Moon

Last night (this morning) was the total lunar eclipse, which started at 1:15 a.m. eastern time and ended approximately at 4 a.m.  I stayed up until 1:05 and then fell asleep!  Who knows when the next one will be?  Ugh!

But since it was a nice full moon last night, it reminds me of a story from a long time ago, when I was a front desk clerk at a local hotel.  I was working one evening when my cousin came in to visit, sitting in the lobby across from the check-in desk.  It was a slow evening, and presently I asked her if she'd keep an eye on the front desk while I used the rest room.   When I came back, there were 2 young men waiting at the desk for me, and they were cute

So I immediately went back behind the desk to check them in, being a little cute and flirty and they were mesmerized.  Blinded by my science, if you will.  They were smiling and hanging over the desk, and I just knew they were totally responding to my feminine charms.   When I handed them the keys, one of them said, "Hope to see more of you later."  "Definitely!" I responded coyly, batting my eyelashes at them.

It wasn't until they walked away that I noticed my cousin laughing from her seat.  "What's so funny? I asked.

Gasping for breath, she said, "Put your hand behind you."

I did, and to my horror, I discovered that when I had gone to the ladies' room, I had accidentally tucked my skirt into my underwear!  That was why the men had been just about hanging over the desk; and why they'd 'hoped to see more of me later'.  "Why didn't you say anything?" I asked, mortified.

"I didn't want to embarrass you."

Oy vey: thanks for nothing cuz!

And that's my "full moon" story :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment