Monday, December 13, 2010

All I Want For Christmas...

...is a set of salt and pepper shakers: Chris Botti and Prince.

If you don't know, Chris Botti is a jazz trumpeter and a little bit of male perfection.  He's blond, Italian, and devastatingly good-looking, even though usually I don't go for blonds.  He's in incredible shape too.  Such a talented musician (you know how I love jazz and brass) and oh so sweet.  A few years ago he was involved with Katie Couric but she broke up with him because he was on the road too much.  Excuse me? I would have sat my ass right at home waiting for him; or else traveled with him.  Katie is apparently not as smart as she wants us to think she is!

I actually met Chris Botti once after one of his concerts maybe...3 or 4 summers ago at SPAC.  I had taken Kitty to her first concert: Chris was the opening act for Earth Wind & Fire, one of her favorite groups.  When Chris was done playing they were having a meet and greet, and you know I wanted to meet him.  So I stood in line and as we got closer, he seemed to get smaller.  Turns out this man, this piece of aesthetic perfection, is small-boned and about 5'8" if I'm being generous.  I, on the other hand, am a giant (according to Brie) and that night I had on heels so I was 6'2".  Apparently he isn't into Amazonian women (what a disappointment!), but he did autograph my CD.

I have never had the pleasure of meeting His Royal Purple Highness, but he is sure easy on the eyes.  Sure he's been controversial, and shockingly sexual, over the course of his career.  But I think now he is more comfortable with himself, his fame and the way his life has turned out.  Now he is able to exude more natural charisma, charm and a pretty good sense of humor.  If you saw him on the View last Thursday, you know what I'm talking about! 

I think the turning point for him was when his baby died several years ago.  Losing a child will either put you on the path of enlightenment: or destroy you.  Thank God for him it was the former...

And even though he's another short and fine-boned man, I'm sure he could put on a pair of heels that could put him in my ballpark ;-p  That man is so incredibly sexy, and compact, and what a dancer!  Good grief, I think I'm catching a case of the vapors!  At times he has been too sexy, but that might be because I'm a prude (thanks for the moniker Brie and Christine!).  However, I think at least dinner and dessert could be a good starting point...

Anyhoo Santa, if you're reading this, my list is short and sweet: just a set of "salt & pepper" shakers for someone who has been very good this year.  Honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment