Monday, December 20, 2010

So Far, So Good

So far my vacation is going well.  When we left off, I was getting ready to go to the hockey game.  The Phantoms won, whoo hoo!  It was a great game and I got my blue cotton candy :o)  I also got to see the cute PR guy, which was a plus too, haha!  But I digress...

Anyhoo, after the game Brie and I came back home to get ready to go out to our 2 favorite venues: JP Bruno's and then the Spotlight.  Funk Evolution was playing at Bruno's (shout to Perry!) and my friend Chris really came out of his comfort zone behind the trumpet to take lead vocals on "Beautiful Girls" by B.o.B.  If he didn't have any groupies before, I bet he does now!

We listened to a set and a half of the band; and I also got my hugs in from Perry.  He's the owner and my baby brother's best friend.  His other club is Good Times; and you always have a good time at Good Times!  More about that venue when I get back to you about my story featuring "Sky"...

We went down the street and around the corner to the Spotlight afterwards to visit Vinnie and listen to some dance music.  I also got my hugs in from Vinnie.  Unfortunately, he was a little sad that night so his hugs weren't quite up to par. That meant Perry won that particular contest :o) but we'll see what happens next time!

Even though I didn't get to bed until like 3:30, I was still a good girl and got up for church.  Before I went I put a lovely little pot roast in the crock pot because my "daughter" Jen was coming over.  She's pregnant and I knew she'd be hungry since she's due in February.  So it was an afternoon of football, food and to wind up the night:  WWE pay-per-view Wrestling!!!!

Well it might not be anyone else's idea of a great start of a vacation week: it was wonderful to me.  Of course I have some cleaning to do for Christmas, and I really need to re-arrange my room and do some baking; and I don't even want to THINK about the mountain of wrapping I have waiting for me.  I certainly don't want todo what I do every single year, which is to wait until Christmas Eve when the girls are asleep and wrap EVERYTHING then.  Usually I fall asleep and wake up around 2, and then wrap until around 5, and it sucks because I'm sleepy and every year I vow I'll do it early but I never do. However this year I swear I am going to do it early.

Now I'm going to work on my new novel and wait for the lunar eclipse to start.  Eastern time it begins at 1:15 a.m.  Maybe if I set my alarm, I can just roll over and watch it out of the window.  Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment