Monday, December 27, 2010

Snow Day

Officially, yesterday was my last day of vacation.  But thanks to a lovely snowstorm here in the northeast, I got an extra day off.  Since I live almost 30 miles from my office, with all the snowing and blowing I felt it was best that I stay home instead of braving the unplowed highway.

So having this extra day gave me some time to reflect on my vacation.  And out of all the plans I had, I accomplished pretty much none of them!  Sure I finished my shopping, did a little baking and hosted Christmas dinner.  But did I exercise? No.  Re-arrange my bedroom?  No.  Have my friend Lynne over for lunch?  No.  Finish my latest manuscript?  No.  Clean out my car?  No.  Nap every day?  No.  Clean out my DVR?  Nope.  I'm sure you get the pattern.

So what in the world did I do?  I had to run my sister around so she could do her errands.  Man, it sucks when we have the same vacation!  Got my hair done, and I love the new 'do. (shout out to Annette!).  I did go to the hockey game, which I love.  I kind of went off my eating plan, but the doctor and I both knew that would happen and she said it was okay for the holidays

But I also did have my wrapping done earlier than ever :o)  I saw my best friend since high school, David. I still owe you that poem I guess, huh?  Well as long as we're on the subject, here's my relationship with David in a nutshell:

Moonlight feels right.
You hold me tight.
Love’s real we feel.
Now what’s the deal?
You cry, I sigh.
Is this goodbye?
You’re gay?  No way!
Okay, I say.
No luck, can’t fuck.
Oh well, that sucks.
Get out! I shout.
What’s this about?
Hate you, it’s true.
What can I do?
You leave, I grieve.
Oh shit, I’m peeved.
I’ll heal, then we’ll
Be friends and deal.
Our fears and tears
Have passed with years.
No blame, no shame.
Still not the same.
It’s past, at last.
No slurs were cast.
Best friends, hearts mend.
Love you: the end.

We were kids in high school, so what can I say?  And I wouldn't have slept with him anyway, because I was a "good girl".  But I am sooo glad we were able to remain friends over the years.  And we're supposed to spend New Year's Eve together and go out.  We'll see how that all works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment