Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmastime is Here...and Gone

It really was a great Christmas...family, friends new & old, and food, food, FOOD!  Not that I ate that much, but there was a whole lot of it.  Dinner was the only meal I ate, and it was so worth waiting for.  However, we never got around to cutting Jesus's birthday cake:  a 2-layer Red Velvet cake with cream cheese frosting.  So that's for breakfast later 😀  Kitty had a piece of cheesecake, and Brie had some Sweet Potato pie but I was too full from mostly my mother's seasoned collard greens and cranberry sauce.  A weird combination to put together on my plate, but soooo good!

As far as gifts: if you felt a vibration in the earth around 9:15 a.m., it was Kitty humming because she got her limited edition collector's expensive as all get out Frozen Charlotte Living Dead doll; and the world's biggest manicure set.  Those were her favorite gifts.  Brie's was her laptop.  Mine, because I'm a freak, was my new set of pots and pans!  And also my Ed Hardy perfume: boy does it smell good! Hopefully someone that I want will come around to...enjoy the fragrance 😉

But it was an exhausting day too.  I had gone to bed at 4 a.m. Christmas Eve, then Kitty got us up at 9 to open presents.  Cooking, entertaining, laughing up a storm and enjoying the day wiped me out!  Plus we had to watch our 2 favorite Christmas staples: Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas and my personal favorite of all time:  Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol!  No one seems to understand my love for Mr. Magoo but I just love it.

With that said: when everyone finally left around 7:30 Brie and I attempted to watch a Chris Rock special but I kept falling asleep and so did she.  Needless to say we were both in bed by 8:20.  Pumpkin was happy because she was exhausted too, poor puppy.  That's why I'm up now doing this blog: I'm pretty much done sleeping!  And of course I'm listening to jazz right now, which will be on the radio until 6 a.m.  But Brie's been in here talking to me because she got up around 3:30 too!  But I'll be kicking her out of my room soon, finish listening to the jazz and then switch to a Christmas CD.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, as I did.  I only wish that I had taken next week off for vacation too!

No comments:

Post a Comment