Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Yes it's True

It's nice to know that at least a couple of people are reading this :o)  Someone at work asked me today, "Were you serious when you said you were going to watch DWTS and wrestling?" To which I replied, "You betcha!"

I know the two are diametrically on opposite ends of the spectrum, but that's just the kind of person I am: a total contradiction, even to myself.  But that's just one of the things that makes me so interesting...

I have an ex-boyfriend that I took ballroom dancing lessons with (again, it was the 90's).  From the minute we started I fell in love with the elegance, and the workout, that it entailed.  True: I have no idea if we actually looked elegant, but I loved the way it made me feel.  He was good because he had taken lessons before.  Since I am a natural dancer (or at least was) I caught on easily, and the teacher always commented on how well we did and how we complemented each other.

I really liked this guy, and we had a great relationship for 2 years.  The 3rd year turned into a train wreck due to deceit on both our parts.  I had been...not totally myself.  I so wanted to be who he wanted me to be, that I turned myself into a veritable Mary Lou Whitney to please him. I also gave up sugar, turned vegetarian and attended the theatre and other highbrow functions that hadn't been on my top ten list before.  As for him: in a nutshell he lied about who he was during the entire relationship.  Not about his money (he was rich) or about job, etc.  He just chose to live a "double life" that caused us to break up when I found out.

If he had been honest from the beginning we might have had a different story.  But once I couldn't keep up my facade, and his crumbled down around him: there was no hope for a future together.

You know: this is in no way what I had planned to blog about!  But apparently it was something that needed to "come out", no pun intended.  But tomorrow: I promise I'll have something for you that will tell you more about who I am, which is more than just someone who makes bad choices about men ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment