Monday, November 15, 2010

Who is MaxxTopher?

I ran into a friend at work today and she asked me who was who in my MaxxTopher moniker, or was it all me?  Well Maxx is my nickname and Topher is my ex-boyfriend's nickname. 

Ah, Topher: I really miss him.  I remember as if it was yesterday when we first met.  It was a blind date and we were to meet at Starbuck's on Broadway in Saratoga.  We had talked on the phone a few times and I liked his "life force" and exuberance.  He thought I was a "cool chick" and "dug my brain".  So yes, it was a match made in Heaven.  (what can I say: it was the 90's).  Anyhoo, the minute he walked into the place I knew it was him and it was just like in the movies: everything receded as our eyes locked across the room.  He was wearing doc martens, ripped jeans, a white button down shirt, an unzipped black leather jacket and a bandana on his head. It was love at first sight.

I'm not going to get into all the particulars, but I sure thought I had found my soul mate.  We both wrote, loved to read, loved jazz and he was sexy as all get out and kissed like it was his last day on earth.  Sigh...

I loved every single minute we spent together, but nothing good seems to last forever.  In a nutshell, the depression he had been trying to hide finally got to be too much for him, and he attempted suicide.  I spent the next year trying to keep him alive, through love and prayer.  Happy to say that he is still amongst the living, but a relationship with us can not be again.  Regardless of what we felt about each other, I will forever be associated with the worst time in his life, even though he came out on the other side...

The last time I saw him was the night before he relocated to his father's house in the Hamptons because he could no longer live alone.  When I arrived at his place in Ballston Spa, he was dressed in those same doc martens, navy blue boxer briefs, a cut off sweatshirt and a bandanna around his head.  I cried.

 He is better today; and finally working again.  I heard this from his father a few weeks ago.  I am very happy about that.  But it doesn't take away how much I miss him.  So I keep him with me by the joining of our names.

Well it's almost time for Dancing with the Stars and WWE Raw.  So I will catch up with you tomorrow. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment