Friday, November 26, 2010

This is Not a Paid Advertisement

November hasn't been the greatest month for me, so imagine how thrilled I was when Schmoop-dog gave me a $100 gift certificate for spa services for my birthday.  Earlier this week I had decided that while everyone else was killing themselves with black Friday shopping, I would be enjoying an hour-long Swedish Massage.

I went to my favorite spa, Body Relief, up on Route 9 in the Mount Royal Plaza.  There are two masseuses that I really like there, Stephen and Heather (they are awesome!).  Stephen was on vacation this week so Heather was the lucky one today :-)

I'm not going to get into the absolute splendor of the massage: how relaxing and heavenly the soothing music and lavender oil were in taking me away to a calm, peaceful place that was exactly what the doctor ordered...

Nope: I'm going to tell you how my magical euphoria lasted all of 15 minutes: or until I had gotten in my car and was driving home.  I made the mistake of turning on my cell phone; and 5 minutes later my oldest daughter called to complain about the "unfair" treatment she gets in comparison to her younger sister.  While she's on the line her sister buzzes in with her own version of the events that had unfolded while I had been enjoying my spa retreat.  Apparently it all stemmed from Kitty asking to borrow money and receiving it, while her sister did NOT ask and therefore did NOT get any money.  Confused?  EXACTLY!  My daughters are certainly old enough to a) solve their own differences; b) open their mouths to ask for something if they want it; and c) BE SMART ENOUGH TO HANDLE THEIR FINANCES BETTER BECAUSE THEY BOTH HAVE JOBS!

I mean seriously?  It's a good thing there's still $35 left on my gift certificate because when payday rolls around: they are both going to give me enough for another 1-hour massage.  Hey: they owe me for blowing my high with their foolishness.  And they'd better give me enough for the tip, too.  I give them at least 20% and trust me: it's woth it!

Body Relief Spa: tell them Rita sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment