Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Old Friends

It was a really long day at work today.  I had made plans with my best friend from college to meet at Friendly's at 6, but during the course of the day I was really feeling like I wanted to cancel.  It's 2 days before Thanksgiving and I have a lot to do; plus I've been sleep deprived all week.  But I met her anyway; with my oldest daughter in tow as she'd had a bad day.

But once I got there, I realized how good it was to see her.  She is the one who is always there, listens to me crab, has known me for over 30 years, and still likes me as a person!  Lynne knows the secrets, and where some of the bodies are buried ;-)  She makes me laugh, gives me encouragement, and puts up with my moods and crankiness.  Only someone who really knows how to be a friend can keep a friendship going this long.

She's an awesome mother, a great wife, and I am honored to call her my friend.  So hats off to you Lynne: my dear friend who never lets me down.  You look like a million bucks, while I ate a million calories in that Forbidden Chocolate Brownie Hot Fudge Sundae.  I promise to keep my envy to a minimum :o)

Love you my friend!

Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment