Sunday, November 28, 2010

I Can Sleep When I'm Dead

We all hear people say this but you know what: I don't want to sleep when I'm dead, I want to sleep NOW.  I am exhausted!  Not just because it was a holiday week and I was doing a lot and went out the night before Thanksgiving (and had a blast, by the way).  No, I'm more exhausted because I got virtually no sleep last night and had weird dreams that kept waking me up.  Like I had a dream that there was a dragon in my basement, and when a friend and I went down there the dragon came out of hiding and blew fire at us as we raced back up the stairs.  There is no basement here...

Then I had another dream where I was moving a couple of boxes, and I saw where there was a hole in the wall near the floor.  So of course all I could think about was that something had chewed a hole and was going to come through there.  I moved a box back in front of the hole; and then I realized if the thing could chew through the wall, chances are it could chew through a cardboard box.  Even in my dream I knew I was screwed...

Then when I was trying to fall back asleep, I felt like I was falling so I kept waking up.  This game got old around 7 a.m. so I turned on the TV, like that was going to help.  I figured that maybe since I was so tired I would get an excused absence from church; but when I called my mother she said she wanted to go so I got up.  No rest for the weary!

But it was good for me to go to church.  I managed to catch a nap this afternoon while I pretended to watch the Falcons game (I know we're on the east coast, but dear Lord can we please get a Raiders game once in a while???).  So right now I am still pretty coherent, but my butt will be in my bed by 9 p.m.  Only half an hour to go!

And guess what?  My Christmas tree is up and decorated!  It looks so lovely: I am very pleased.  So I have a good long while to look at it and enjoy it :o)

Goodnight...hopefully there won't be any "falling" tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment