Saturday, June 18, 2011

It's a Small World

I took last Friday off to do some work at home, and later go with Schmoop to price tires for my car.  As I was on the computer I noticed a notification that Brie had posted on her FaceBook wall.  It said: "If a woman walks by and she smells like cologne and vomit, she's a hooker.  If you see a midget beating up a trashcan that's bigger than he is, you're on South Street".  I thought "WTF?" and posted that.  She responded, "That's what I saw last night as Kara and I were going for pizza."

You have to admit: that was very bizarre, and not something you see every day.  I promptly put it out of my mind.

Eventually Schmoop-Dog showed up so we could price tires and find them at the most economical price.  Hey: that's what he does.  So he decides we should go to Sears first so we head out in his truck.  As  we are traveling north on Upper Glen Street, we come to the stoplight by Toys 'R Us.  I  happened to turn to say something to Schmoop, and I noticed something outside his window.  It was a midget, shaking and kicking the speed limit sign!  He was also yelling and then he threw his keys!  Schmoop and I looked at each other.  "Do you think it's the same one that Brie saw?" he asked incredulously.  "Let's find out," I replied.  I sent her a text and described the guy, and she sent back, "LOL!  It must be the same one!"  What were the odds of that? 

We made it to Sears, where I tried to talk Schmoop into buying me a freezer instead of tires, but he figured that a freezer wouldn't exactly help me get back and forth to work.  So I trudged behind him to the automotive section where we discovered that they weren't running any great specials that would fit my budget.  So we left, went to another place, and I made an appointment to get the tires put on since they were the right price.  Afterwards we had a little bite to eat at New Way Lunch and that kind of made up for the freezer, haha.

Once home again, I figured I'd be able to do some writing and watch some judge shows.  But nope: now Kitty had places to go!  So I took her to Wal-Mart and Price Chopper; then we headed home.

As we got to the red light at the bottom of the Glen Street Hill, we could see 2 police cars with lights flashing on the northbound side of the bridge.  "Uh oh," Kitty began, "someone must have been speeding."  "I guess so," I replied, as our light turned green.  As we drove, I of course had to take a look at who the hapless person was that had gotten caught.

Imagine my surprise when I saw a policeman patting down the midget!  "Mom, it's a little person!" Kitty exclaimed.  "That's the same person your sister saw last night, and I saw earlier," I said. 

Kitty shook her head,  "He's having a real bad day, huh?"

That was very true.  I have no idea of what that poor guy had been through during the past 24 hours, however I sure hoped that things would get better for him.

But seriously: what were the odds that all of us would have seen him??  I should have played the lottery and made a wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment