Saturday, June 11, 2011

A TRIBUTE TO AMERICADE

This year Americade was again held in Lake George (thank goodness!) from June 7 - 12.  I always try to make it up there over the weekend to go to DJs, my favorite club.  I went there for the first time when I was 16, so you know the place has been around for a looooonggg time!

With that said, I wrote this poem for one of my best friends on her last day at work, back in the 90's, to remind her of a particular night we spent during Americade.   This was a few years ago, so remember that I was a different person then ;-)  So Susan: this one's for you!

What we looked forward to each year
Is Americade: at last it’s here!
Not because we’re cycle chicks
But we love bikers with big dicks!

They’re only “weekend warriors”.
That’s okay: we’ll make them ours!
Doctors, lawyers, architects
Are only some that we have met.

In Lake George, DJ’s the place
Where you will find the handsome face
Of a studly motorcycle guy,
You don’t even have to try!

It was on a Saturday night,
My friend and I were wound real tight.
“A rum runner is what we need.”
My friend bought one: I drank with greed.

A whole one I would never buy
‘Cause I don’t drink and that’s no lie.
But by the third shared one, let’s say,
I was more than ready to play.

It was warm so we were dressed
By the credo ‘less is best’.
Shorts and sheer tops we were sportin’,
Hoping guys would come a-courtin’.

The music, it was really pumpin’,
Safe to say the joint was jumpin’!
My friend and I, we hit the floor.
Suddenly: there was one more.

He was cute, we didn’t mind,
He also had a nice behind!
He could dance, that was a plus,
We didn’t mind him dancing with us.

He was shorter than I was;
I guess I had a little buzz.
He said his name was Anthony,
From the town of Albany.
He was nice, bought me a rose,
And a soda, I suppose.
He’d come up for the bike show
And wasn’t alone, wouldn’t you know.

His cousin Angelo was there,
Like his cousin he had dark hair.
Bedroom eyes, he had those too:
A guy for me and one for Sue!

They were both Italian
That’s our favorite kind of man.
For the night we both were set.
This could be the best night yet!

We talked and danced and it was great,
Meeting them was just like fate.
We were having the best time.
Americade: it sure was fine!

Finally Susan said to me:
“We have to go, it’s almost three!
“I don’t want my boyfriend mad
“Although a lot of fun we’ve had!”

Reluctantly I said okay,
Even though I wanted to stay.
We said goodbye to those we’d met.
Anthony said, “You can’t go yet!”

“We’re staying not too far from here,
“Stop on by and have a beer.”
If I hadn’t had the rum
I never would have said, “We’ll come!”

“Are you crazy?” Susan said.
“If our men find out, we’ll be dead!”
“It’s just for a little while,”
 I said with an enchanting smile.

“No one will know what we do
“And this will be quite good for you.
“Angelo has a killer bod
“He’s built just like a roman god.


“Angelo and Anthony
“Are harmless: just you wait and see.”
Then we headed for the car.
They were right: it wasn’t far.

We pulled into the parking lot
The guys went upstairs like a shot.
Not that drunk, I stayed downstairs,
They wouldn’t catch me unawares!

Sue stayed buckled in her seat.
“Let us make a quick retreat!”
I could see that she was vexed
I wondered: what would happen next?

They came down again to flirt.
Angelo, he had no shirt!
He was looking mighty fine.
Susan said, “Okay, he’s mine!”

As for Mr. Anthony,
He came walking up to me.
“You don’t want to see the place?”
Then he began to kiss my face.

I may have had a little rum
But it didn’t make me dumb.
Maybe just a tad reckless
And maybe just a shade feckless.

I figured kissing wouldn’t hurt,
At least he still had on his shirt.
I would only go so far,
He backed me up against the car.

He kissed just like I thought he would:
Damn, I tell you he was good!
As he rubbed up against me,
Hello!  It was Mr. Pepperoni!

It seemed rather wild and free,
I wondered just how that could be?
Then I realized what he had done:
Underwear?  He was wearing none!


When they went up the stairs I guess
They both had partially undressed.
They figured we’d be easy marks
Since in the club there’d been such sparks.

Now I might like to fool around
But both feet still stay on the ground.
I wasn’t thrilled with their assumption
Or at their quite nervy gumption.

I said, “Time for us to go.”
Anthony, he just said, “No!
“The party’s only getting started.”
But my friend and I departed.

The kissing certainly was great
As a lover I bet he’d rate
At least a ten on the normal scale.
He was a healthy, horny male.

However I don’t sleep around
No matter how big is the mound
Of pepperoni in their pants,
Or even how well they can dance.

Sue reminds me of that night
And when we caught our first sight
Of Anthony and Angelo
And then she calls me “DJ ‘ho!”

But I know it was all in fun
Since similar things she has done.
We won’t forget that Americade:
The night we both almost got laid.
~*~

Ah, memories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment