Monday, June 20, 2011

I Wrote This???

Sometimes I wonder exactly what goes through my mind when I write poetry.  I start out with a thought, and then it’s like the poem takes over and writes itself; and I’m VERY surprised with the results!
I was going through some of my old stuff, and I found one such poem.  Written several years ago, I can guarantee to you that this never happened to me, but it made for an interesting read when I was done with it.  So here you go, for your enjoyment and edification!
SATURDAY NIGHT
Lace and ribbon, buttons in rows.
Look at us: we’re dressed like hos!
Satin and silk, leather and suede.
Yeah girlfriend, we’re gonna get laid!
Thigh-high boots and not much skirt;
Low cut tops: we’re set to work.
As usual we have a plan:
Tonight we find a one-time man!
At the club sexy dancing’s a must.
In no time guys are looking at us.
I soon pick one; we slip out the door.
Head for his car: need I say more?
My best girlfriend is doing the same.
I wonder if she got his name?
Yes we have protection at hand.
You need that with a one-time man.
Once in a while, just to unwind,
Everyone needs an anonymous grind.
Back in the club, thanks and goodbye.
Next time: another lucky guy!
‘Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment