Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sky's the Limit

I know I was going to tell you about my friend Sky.  I was actually talking to Brie about him today, because I'm having a writer's dilemma: I want him to be the romantic lead in my next novelette, but as I'm writing it I don't think my readers will "fall in love" with the character like I know they have witn Andrew and Scott in my other stories. 

So instead of going into my story about him, here's a poem about him:

How can someone comprehend
The puzzle that is you?
Hesitating, contemplating
Each thing that you do.
Never messing, second-guessing
All the moves you make.
Always bored, sometimes floored
At risks that you might take.
Time to choose, wait to lose
Debating from within:
Deep abiding, sometimes hiding,
Trying to live without sin.
With a vision, forced precision,
Play the hand from the dealer.
Deep despair, gone nowhere:
Sleep’s the eternal healer.
Heels dug in, true chagrin,
What else do you feel?
Idealistic, pessimistic,
Is this truly real?
Sensitized, energized,
Is any within reach?
Temperamental, elemental,
Personality breach.
Potion-less, emotionless
On any given day.
Want to change, re-arrange?
Let optimism stay.
Hide the hurt, don’t revert
To habits from the past.
Shed the pain, try to gain
What you want to last.
Plant a seed, fill a need
To reach the higher bar.
Can be done, game is won:
Now I know who you are…

And Sky hates the fact that he let me in to see the real him; and I'm the only one that he did that with and then he ran screaming for the hills.  Why does that scare men so much?  If someone has an answer for that, please feel free to leave me a comment!

At some point I'll give you the story.  But hopefully I'll get over my issues with his character so I can finish my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment