Monday, March 21, 2022

It's Not That Difficult!

 I adore my new co-workers. Every Friday they all have lunch together in the cafeteria, and I'm included. Sometimes I go, sometimes weather keeps me at my desk. Sometimes they order out and Chris usually goes to get it. I'm all about that!

This past Friday was our Spring Break day off, so on Thursday the guys decided to order out from New Way Lunch. This is the "famous" place known for its hot dogs with amazing meat sauce. I'm told it's amazing: I've never tried it. But people all over the country would order it and my friends rave about it (and so does Kitty!) so it must be true. But I digress...

So Thursday Chris had us go online so we could all order together. I looked at all the food everyone else was getting; then added my order for some cheddar broccoli soup with extra crackers and a hot dog with just light mustard. I was asked, "Are you sure that's all you want?" "Yes!" Then I waited gleefully for it to arrive since I hadn't had breakfast.

 When he returned and placed all the orders on the table next to my desk: everything smelled delicious! I don't mind the smell of the meat sauce because it does smell good. But it's too much for me. Anyhoo, the names were on the bags and Chris handed me this lovely paper bag with handles. I looked inside and then took out the contents. Soup with extra crackers: yes! Hot dog with just a little mustard: no! My hot dog had everything on it, including extra onions! I was so unhappy. I had the easiest order of the bunch! I had typed my order in carefully! How difficult could it be to read the order? I sighed, gave the extra hot dog away and had the soup. Ugh!

Saturday after taking Kitty to the gym, she wanted to go to the drive-thru of New Way Lunch for a hot dog. I figured this was a good time for them to redeem themselves for Thursday's debacle. So I went to the window, ordered three with the works and one with just a little mustard. I heard the guy yell back, "Four, one with just a little mustard!" That pleased me. I paid and drove up to the delivery window. 

After just a tiny wait, a guy came to the window and said, "Here are your large fries!" "Um...we didn't order any fries. We had four hot dogs." "Oh I'm sorry: just a minute!" He ducked back inside and presently handed me the to-go box. I took it, opened it, and there were four hot dogs with the works inside! "Excuse me!" I called, "I requested four hot dogs, one with just a little mustard!" "Oh, I'm sorry," the guy said, looking confused as he took the box back. Why was he confused? He was the one that took my order!

Finally another gentleman came to the window with my just-mustard hot dog in a little bag, and he gave the other box back and said we could keep the extra one. Now that really pleased Kitty! I ate my hot dog on the way home.

I think that they are pretty much on auto pilot at that place, because how many people do you think roll through and just want a little mustard? Yeah I know: another first world problem, when there are so many real issues going on. Trust me: I pray for those situations!

So I wasn't actually mad at New Way Lunch: just glad I checked the box before driving away!


No comments:

Post a Comment