Tuesday, June 9, 2020

My New Husband

Women have been doing this ever since they were in Junior High, right up until they actually find "the one". They see a guy or a famous person and say "Yep: that's my new husband".

I may be waaaaaayyyy past Junior High age, but inside I still do that. Who has been on my list over the years? Damien Escobar, Chris Botti, Damon Wayans, Drew McIntyre, Braun Strowman, Roman Reigns, Idris Elba, Ice Cube, Lamar Richardson, Max Sweeten, Todd Haller, Jason Statham, Bobby Flay, Scott Conant: and that's barely the tip of the iceberg! There's no rhyme or reason as to who might strike my fancy but they all have an indefinable something. And it really isn't just famous people, but I don't want to incriminate any of my actual male friends!

But now there's someone new who has caught my eye...

Everyone knows that I hate the news. It's never good, it brings you down, and I always said I wasn't going to watch it until there was some good news. Then Marie moved in and every morning she had to watch CBS Morning News and I would grumble right up until I left the house for work.

But over the past three years I've gotten to like that particular news show. With the COVID-19, the news anchors have been broadcasting from their homes. That's when I discovered him: my new husband.

Vladimir Duthiers.

He has been on this morning news show for a few years but I only started paying attention when they broadcast from their homes because I like taking a peek into their homes. Well forget his home: it was him. One of the first things he announced was, "While home I'm going to wear what I'm deeming my 'pandemic' uniform." This consists of a buttoned down shirt, usually black or blue chambray or twill, black or blue great fitting jeans and a black belt. He is in male aerobic great shape. Bald with medium brown skin, tall and close to my age! But the best thing is he has great teeth and a smile that could launch a thousand ships. Dreamy sigh...Great looking, great job, great personality and great teeth: who could ask for anything more??

I need to ask my new BFF Gayle King to introduce us. And no: she doesn't know that she's my new BFF yet (we're Instagram friends) but that's just a formality. After all, she and Oprah don't seem to be that close anymore so...I can fill that void!

Alas, there is a roadblock to our new relationship. For some reason he has a girlfriend who is also a journalist and is a young and lovely woman. I knew I shouldn't have dropped Journalism when I was in college! Yep: I shot myself in the foot with that move. So it looks like Mr. Duthiers will never know the pleasure of my company.

With that being said, stay tuned: because you never know who might catch my eye next week! And I still have plans to be Gayle King's new BFF!


No comments:

Post a Comment