Saturday, March 19, 2011

Not On My Show!

First of all, this is in no way, shape or form what I had planned to blog about.  However, I am in my room "watching" an episode of the View that I had DVR'ed.  The guest I wanted to see is Michael Flatley, the Lord of the Dance.  Yes: I'm a dork but I love Riverdance and lots of other Celtic stuff.  And guess what: he will be releasing the film "Lord of the Dance 3D" soon.  Whoo hoo!  Can't wait to see it!

Anyway, as I'm listening to the show they announced their first guest who was Marisa Tomei, an actress that, you know, is pretty good.  Loved her in the Wrestler!  But as I glanced at the screen to see what she was wearing, she comes out in this flowing, bronzy low-cut dress and of course she's not wearing a b-r-a.  Seriously?  That just annoyed me for some reason today.  Does she not care that...there are 'personal' effects that can be seen when you wear a thin dress and no b-r-a? Did she not realize that she was on the View, and no men were going to be watching?  What was up with that?

So at that moment I decided that when I have my talk show, one of the rules is going to be that all women must wear a b-r-a.  No bouncing and jouncing on my set!  Have a little dignity ladies!  You're not on the beach: you're on TV!  If I'm wearing one: everyone has to wear one!

Okay: rant is over now.  Look at Michael Flatley: he looks great!  And they're getting ready to bring out his dance troupe to perform; and I have to watch and not just listen to that!  So now I owe you a blog about what I was originally going to write.  I don't know if I'll do it later, since it's a JP Bruno's night (shout out to Perry and Funk Evolution!).  Hey: maybe Hockey Guy will be there.  Good thing I got my hair done today.

Plus, I can't hide out here in my room for too long. I have a corned beef cooking.  I know it's not St. Patrick's Day, but we needed to have corned beef and cabbage today.  My sister was nice enough to send us some on Thursday since I was sick.  (shout out to J-Bird!)

So back to the View! (and no, I'm not talking about Michael Flatley's butt) :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment