Monday, March 7, 2011

Might as Well Laugh...

Just when I thought we were done with snowstorms, I woke up this morning to a SNOWSTORM!  I tried my darnedest to clean off my car and get to work; but Mother Nature, who must be on the rag, had other ideas.  I was up and outside at around 6:40 a.m.; and at 7:45 a.m. I was still outside with my car running, shoveling around it, trying to make a path...but when my across the way neighbor got stuck behind my car and it took a plow and 3 people pushing her car to get her going that was the first sign that I wasn't going anywhere.  So I got to waste another vacation day.  Plus my street hadn't been plowed, the traffic reports kept talking about all the accidents on the Northway, and our parking area hadn't been plowed by our plowing service.

Finally, around 10:00 Mark knocked on our door to tell us to move our cars because the plowing service was coming.  So now Brie goes out to clean off her car and I had to re-clean mine.  We decided that once we were able to pull out, we'd drive to a cleared parking lot and wait for our lot to be cleaned.  Of course Brie ended up getting stuck in the lot so a couple of guys had to push her out.  And then Mark offered to get my car out of my parking space; but before I left it turned out that our plow guy got stuck!  So he had to call ANOTHER plow guy to come get him out!  Seriously???

So with all of that going on Brie drove to the company next door to wait for our lot to get cleaned, and I slowly drove to our local store to wait.  Our street hadn't been plowed and neither had a lot of other streets!  So I sat in my car in the parking lot and made a couple of phone calls; then drove back to see if all was clear.  It wasn't so I parked next to Brie in the lot and we talked on the phone as we waited. 

Presently we rolled down our windows: she her driver window and me my passenger window so she could show me something.  We didn't realize that a street plow was going by, and as Brie opened her mouth to speak, the plow went by, spraying snow everywhere including in her mouth.  As you can imagine: I laughed and laughed as she spluttered and spit out the street snow.  It was the funniest thing I had seen all year!  And to make it even better:  the plow did the same thing a second time as she was complaining about the situation!  Boy: the look on her face and seeing her trying to get the residual out of her mouth was almost worth sitting ina parking lot for an hour and a half :o)

But now that it's nighttime, my entire body is sore from shoveling, snowbrushing and sitting in a car most of the morning.  So I'm off to get the heating pad, Ibuprofen and the remote.  That's right: time to watch WWE!

No comments:

Post a Comment