Friday, January 22, 2021

Rated R For Language

 This is going to be a quick one as I'm shooting from the hip, which is something I don't normally do.. And it may be the last one for some of you if you decide you no longer wish to read my posts. Trust me: I'm okay with that. But there is something I need to get off of my chest.

Why is it that so many people think that women, especially black women, can't get ahead unless they sleep their way to the top? I have "heard" people say that the only reason Kamala Harris is where she is today, is because she sucked or fucked Biden and who knows who else along the way. Some people don't want to give her credit for her education, hard work, dedication or perseverance.  Certain people don't think she deserves anything  except something subservient. Why is that? Why can't we use our brains to achieve our goals? Is that something just reserved for white women?

I can understand if you're jealous because she has broken so many glass ceilings. But that's on YOU. If you set your sights on being in politics: then it was up to  you to go to school and study and work your way up. If that wasn't your goal: then don't be a racist, jealous hater  who wants to diminish someone else's accomplishments. Can the woman have a few minutes to be proud of where she is now?

I remember several years ago, I was invited to attend a gala / fundraiser. I was so excited to go! One day at work I was talking to a couple of friends about it and one looked at me and said, "How did you get invited to something like that?" Instead of saying what I wanted to say, I responded, "Sometimes it's just who you know." Apparently she didn't think I was good enough to go to such an event with local celebrities. But bitch: I was! She had a sense of entitlement that didn't work out for her. And she was mad that I had such an opportunity. What she needed to understand is that a person makes their own opportunities. I've done a lot of things and been a lot of places because I worked for it. Not because I did sexual favors. Seriously.

I'm not jealous of Kamala for reaching one of her goals because I never aspired to be in politics. But I can surely celebrate with her! I'm just as sure that if she knew me: she'd be happy that I reached my goals of being a blogger and a published author. So if you want to be a hater and hate because of race: then maybe you'd better go back to school, educate yourself on a lot of  things besides politics, and speak to God about the hate in your black heart. And the way you think about Kamala makes me think that you might harbor some of that about me, your supposed friend. Food for thought.

And by the way: there are plenty of women out there that have no qualms about using sex to get ahead, no pun intended. Don't confuse them with the ones that stay on the right and narrow path. 

'Nuff said.


No comments:

Post a Comment