Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Thoughts From the Dining Room

Still working from home. I'm currently working on two projects: one of which requires a co-worker  to do her part first and then I do the rest. The other requires making phone calls to students so I need to wait until the students might actually be up for the day. In between I try to catch up on email and I can also do training.

But right now I'm having a cup of tea and letting my mind wander. So here's what I'm thinking;

  • Land O Lakes Butter is removing the iconic Indian maiden from the packaging. She's been there for 100 years but people think it's racist. Ugh.
  • I'm going to the store to buy a package and I'm keeping the box with her picture. Maybe it will be worth money some day!
  • We have a lot of board games in the dining room. We haven't played one in three years. Maybe it's time to move them.
  • Why do we have so many Monopoly games? Championship, Here & Now, Pokémon, Legends of Zelda, the Lion King, the original one and more...and I hate Monopoly! Or as I call it: Monotony!
  • Tech Guy shaved his beard: hubba hubba! And he got another kitten! I can't wait until I can have a kitten. But that won't happen until I'm pet-less. 
  • I will name the kitten Biscuit, and call her Biskie for short. Of course by then I'll probably be so old I'll think my name is Biscuit!
  • It's not Wednesday but apparently the dogs think it's hump day. Um...they're both females so wth?
  • Burger King serves breakfast until 10:30. Is 10:00 too early to take my lunch break and make a run for hash browns?
  • Do I have to change my clothes to go to the drive-thru?
  • I would like to wash the dishes but I'm working so I can't Bummer. Of course, when 4:00 rolls around I won't want to wash the dishes. Oh well: I'll toss Kitty a $10 and she'll wash them!
  • I can't wait until I can see my hairdresser because this ponytail just isn't working. Or maybe it's working too well: when I take the hair tie out: it maintains the ponytail shape!
  • I'm not sure why I have a glittery red top hanging from a curtain rod in this room. It's been hanging there for over a year. During a Zoom meeting last week a gentleman asked, "Is that a top you have hanging there?" I told him no: it was a piece of art. He was suitably impressed!
I think it's time to change location. Or else frame my top!

No comments:

Post a Comment