Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day Is Done

Well today is officially Kitty's birthday and I am spent.  I'm declaring Kitty-pa-looza over. I am waving the white flag.  We went out to dinner and had cake afterwards.  But here's how my day went before any festivities had begun:

I took today off because it's Kitty's birthday, so she went to program.  That's okay because I had a mammogram scheduled for 11:30.  But I wasn't feeling that great so I slept in, but I got to the doctor's on time.  So after that yearly indignity, I got dressed and realized I had to go to the mall to finish Kitty's birthday shopping.

It was pretty hot out and I sat in the car with the air conditioner on, contemplating if I really needed to go to the mall. But I valiantly headed up there and found a good parking spot at the entrance closest to Claire's.  I slowly made my way through Sears, up the ramp, and into the store.  It was easy for me to spot what Kitty wanted, because last week she had gone there and taken pictures of everything she wanted, put the pictures in a photo gallery on her phone and sent it to me.  I can't make this stuff up!

After Claire's I wanted to check out JC Penney for some capris, but it was all the way at the other end of the mall.  It was too hot to go back to the car and drive all the way around, so against my better judgment I decided to trudge through the mall to the other end.  That's something I never do, but figured that even though I still didn't feel great at least Penney's is known for having really clean bathrooms...

As I went through I saw that Aeropostale was having a sale.  Figuring they wouldn't have anything in my size, I thought I'd take a peek in.  Lo and behold: they had some nice t-shirts in my size for just $5!  I bought 2 as a reward for making it that far.  Then I slowly continued on with my journey until I reached Bath & Body Works.  I had seen online that they were having my favorite sale: Cashmere Shea and True Blue Spa: buy 2 get 2 free.  I went in but noticed thier sign said buy 2 get 1 free.  I asked an employee about it, and when I told her about the online sale she replied, "Oh that is a good sale!"  But since they weren't running it in the store, I left empty handed.

I was finally almost at my destination when I decided to look in the pet store at the puppies.  There was a Chihuahua, not cuter than Pumpkin, of course, but just for kicks I asked how old it was and what the gender was.  It was a 3-month old male and it had a different shaped head, which was a deer head or deer nose or something. My questions were answered and I was ready to go when the girl asked me, "Do you want to play with him?"  Shoot, I had some time to kill and who doesn't love a puppy? We went in the playroom, she shut the door, and all hell broke loose!  That puppy first ran like a crazy thing around the little room, then he started chewing on the bow on my cute little shoe!  When I got him to stop that: then he chewed on my foot!  I tried to pet him and he tried to bite my fingers!  I was sooo done with this puppy!  And if he was only 3 months old then I was too because his teeth were bigger than Pumpkin's and she's almost 3 YEARS old!

I called out to the girl to come get him and she said, "I'll be there in a minute!  Oh, and he's teething."  No, the dog was biting!  I tried to flag down one of the other employees, and by this time the puppy had latched on to the bottom of my cropped pants!  I had my foot off the floor and the hellion was dangling in the air by my pant leg as I was trying to shake him loose!  Once I got him disattached, he peed on the floor for good measure as the girl finally came to get him.  "So what did you think of our boy?" she asked brightly.  "I think you're going to have him for a long time," I replied as I limped out of the store.

By that time the last thing I wanted to do was look for capris, but JCP was right next door so I limped in, found a pair, and trudged all the way back through to Sears and outside to my car.  It was hot as blazes and I sat in front of the air conditioner, exhausted not from the walk but from fighting off that darn puppy.  I'm telling you: next time I'm going to drive around the mall, no matter how hot it is!!

1 comment:

  1. I would have loved to seen you with the puppy, hahaha1

    ReplyDelete