Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reflections

It's New Year's Eve, and both of my daughters are upstairs getting ready to go out.  Since Kitty is going, that means I have to go.  I don't mind.  She went out for the first time last New Year's Eve, and had a great time.  I hope she has a great time tonight as well.

I've been doing a lot of thinking this week since I was on vacation.  I'm not going to list any of the bad stuff that happened this year; and there was quite a bit of it!  I'm going to think about the good stuff that happened in the 4th quarter that made all the tough times worth the struggle.  When I go back to work on Tuesday, I'll have a new job in a new department that I'm looking forward to. I reconnected with someone that really made me very happy.  My good friend Diana at work got married!  I received a great work review so I'll be getting a raise AND bonus in February!  I got a surprise special achievement award deposited in my bank account right before Christmas, which really solidified the fact that I really turned things around this year.  And we are all healthy and relatively happy, so that's a good way to end the year.

I don't do resolutions any more; but I will adopt a couple of lifestyle changes in the new year.  And I hope to increase my book sales (tell your friends and famuly to buy them on Nook and Kindle!) and release another couple of books; plus edit Kitty's so she can get published too :-)

My tree is still up and beautiful; and I think I'll keep it until Brie's birthday in a couple of weeks.  It just makes me happy to see it.  And I'll still listen to a couple of Christmas CDs; especially since I just bought the Rudolph soundtrack.  Yep: it's still Christmas to me!

I have to close with a Marie story.  She went to North Carolina for the funeral of her older sister, my Aunt Doris.  She called me on Christmas night to see how my holiday was, and because neither my sister nor brother answered when she called them.  Nice to know I got the call by default!  But that's not the best part.  I called her Thursday late afternoon before my massage (more on that in another post) to see how the service was.  She said it was wonderful; then she asked how everyone else was, by name.  She followed that up with, "I can't believe that the whole time I've been down here no one has called me."  REALLY MARIE??  What had I done: just telepathically mind-melded with you??  Apparently my phone call didn't count, so I just said I was sorry and I'd see her when she got home.  Then I hung up and called my sister, telling her to call her mother!!  Gotta love my mother.

Looks like it's time for me to get ready.  Before I go, let me say that I wish you a very happy New Year.  I wish for you health, happiness and prosperity in 2012.  Be kinder than usual to others, because you don't know what kind of struggle they may be having.  And most of all: be happy!

Goodnight and God bless :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment