Saturday, December 10, 2011

It's Been A Long Time

Yes, I've been missing from my blog for a couple of months.  Seems like I let a little "bad press" get me down.  I'm not going to get into it, so let's just say that someone took some posts out of context and out of timeframe; and instead of coming to me about it: they chose to give misinformation about the posts to some people.  Long story short: anything that I write that you don't like: don't read it.  And if you have any questions about anything: just ask me.  I'll be happy to set you straight.

Now we'll move on...

Speaking of a long time, I was shocked to get an email from Topher last week.  I hadn't heard from him in 2 years, so you can imagine what I thought.  I had been so worried that I had called his father in Vermont just to make sure he was still...around.  It was so good to talk to Bill, and he assured me that his son was still in the area, working and doing okay.  I believed him; but it was just very reassuring to hear from the man himself.  Of course, Topher said he was still waiting for life to be over, so does that really count as being okay???

It's sad when there are so many good things in life, but because of a chemical imbalance and being on medication, you can't enjoy it.  He's such a good man but he has chosen to give up.  He promised that he'd never attempt suicide again, but now he just goes to work and goes home, getting no joy out of anything.  Such a waste for a person who used to have the strongest life force of anyone I knew.

So I will keep my friend Topher in my prayers.  I'll hope that he's able to find even a modicum of joy, especially during this time of the year.  And I'll pray for all of my other friends as well, because this can be a really tough time of year.

A little somber for my first post in so long, but I promise they will lighten up!

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment