Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Perfect Afternoon

I know that people have different definitions as to what perfect means to them.  Well this week I experienced what counts for me as the perfect afternoon.

It was Thursday and it started out with me leaving work early.  I had to have a dexascan, which didn't factor into the perfection, but I'm getting ahead of myself.  It was a gorgeous, sunny day, so when I started up my car I opened the moon roof as soon as I hit the Northway.  Cranking up the radio, I enjoyed the breeze as I headed for the doctor's office.

Once there, I discovered that not only was the test going to be a walk in the park, but I also didn't have to pay for it.  Now that was perfect!

Since it was such a warm sunny day, the first of the year, I thought that it would be nice to wash my car since it hadn't been washed all winter.  So I went to the neighborhood carwash, flirted with the owner and got my car all nice and clean.  Perfect!

But now the inside definitely didn't match the outside!  So when I got home I decided that I would clean out the inside of my car.  I went inside (no one else was home), got a big plastic bag and commenced with the cleaning.  You'd be amazed at what had accumulated in my car during the past season (most of which was courtesy of Brie); and even Kitty's tackle box from when we went fishing in September was still in there!  So I got all that stuff out, including the little side compartments.  Perfection!

Then I noticed Mark cleaning off his front stoop and I looked at mine.  All kinds of dried leaves and stuff were there.  So since there was still room left in the garbage bag, I decided to clean off my stoop too.  So I used the old broom that had mysteriously appeared by my door one day, got my dust pan, and swept and collected up the leaves; even moving the little chair and table that were there.  It looked fabulous!

Going back inside, Pumpkin was whining because I hadn't been paying any attention to her.  So I picked her up and took her outside to get some fresh air.  Hunky Scott from next door saw us and came over because he just loves Pumpkin!  So I was talking to him as he was petting and cooing at the dog.  Man: Scott is perfection!

Presently I had to go back inside and so did he.  I went in, sat in my favorite living room chair and decided to watch a show I had DVR'd.  Pumpkin got in my lap so she could watch it too; and then we both promptly fell asleep.  It wasn't even 5:00 yet!

Hey, maybe not to you, but to me: it was a perfect afternoon. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment