Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter

It's the day after Easter.  I have been sick since last Tuesday, late afternoon.  o I really haven't done much besides lay in bed, cough, get up, cough, watch TV, cough, blow my nose, take meds, cough, pet Pumpkin, cough, and bemoan my fate.  I hate bronchitis.

However, I didn't want my not feeling well to interfere with Easter, so I tried to muster up the energy to enjoy the day.  I did go to church and the service was wonderful.  I then went home and watched the History Channel, which had on a couple of great shows on Jesus; and also what he did during the 40 days after He arose from the dead.  Awesome!!!

Then I made something for dinner.  I was supposed to have people over, but with being sick that wasn't going to happen.  That made me very sad because I love to entertain for the holidays.  But guests get mad if they come over to your house and you cough and then afterwards they get sick; so it was for the best.

Actually, I did have 2 guests.  My mother felt sorry for me so she came over and brought some chicken, stuffing and a sweet potato pie for the girls.  They were ecstatic, as was Pumpkin who loves chicken.  Then later Schmoop-dog showed up after his evening church service. He came probably to see if Kitty had cut the homemade cheesecake she had made; but since she hadn't: he didn't get any.  So he took some of my lasagna home instead.

And since Easter signifies the end of the Lenten season I can now have ice cream and cake!  But with the bronchitis and congestion: guess who got no ice cream?  And didn't have the energy to bake a cake?  So: maybe next week.

And finally: I had sent Skye a text to wish him a Happy Easter but did not receive a text from him.  Bummer...sigh...

So that was Easter in a nutshell.  I loved the church service; and loved the music I heard on the religious station.  But I ate next to nothing and LaToya Jackson got booted from Celebrity Apprentice.  I'll write more about that show later!

I hope you had a Happy Easter and got to spend it with the people you wanted to; instead of the people you had to.  I'll sign off since I can feel the coughing gearing up again.  Double bummer...

No comments:

Post a Comment