Friday, February 25, 2011

AGAIN????

Over the years I've had friends ask me why I write suicide poems.  Am I trying to tell them something?  Is it a cry for help?

Of course not!  The easy answer is because sometimes I like to be very dramatic; or elicit a certain response from whoever reads it.  The not so easy answer is because when I was in high school, I had written a kick-ass suicide poem that I thought I would incorporate into a book I was writing.  But before I could do anything with it, my best friend Emily thought she was doing me a favor and cleaned out my locker.  She threw the poem away.

I hadn't memorized it and didn't even have an extra copy of it anywhere.  Needless to say I was very upset.  And I think that since that time: I have been trying to re-create another kick-ass suicide poem.  Maybe the recent ones were for Topher, since he had tried suicide and I was trying to understand.  Regardless of the reason:  this one's for Emily & Topher, and it might be better than the original. Unfortunately, Dan took this ride. R.I.P my friend...

SUICIDE RIDE

Don’t tell me your tale of woe
About that bitch that let you go.
That’s more than I want to know;
So sad your ego took a blow.

Now is not the time to hide.
I see that ghosts through you do slide.
You think there’s no one on your side
So take me on your suicide ride.

Our souls have known each other well.
We’ve been through what might pass as hell.
It was almost a death knell
There’s nothing left now but a shell.

Blackness beckons, opens wide,
The ocean won’t call back the tide.
“Come to me” you hear it bide.
Take me on your suicide ride.

Yes your power she did take.
A puppet of you she did make.
She had feelings that were fake.
Emotions will no more awake.

Cold cement roughly abrides,
As you lay upon your side.
Looking up: the clouds do slide,
Take me on your suicide ride.

From your soul there comes a sound,
Keening that it won’t be bound.
No strings ‘round your heart are wound.
With me freedom can be found.

Forget about taking a bride,
Forget about how much you cried,
Forget about the way she lied:
Take me on your suicide ride.

I don’t care who you used to be.
I’ll show you what you need to see.
No need to be afraid of me;
For I’m the one to set you free.

Make a choice: you must decide.
No more worries about pride.
Redness down the wall does glide:
You just took the suicide ride.

'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment