Monday, March 18, 2024

The Little Blog That Could

I started my blog on November 14, 2010 with no clear destination in sight. I probably hadn't read any blogs prior to this, and then a work friend introduced me to the blog of Allie Brosh. She was amazing! She was so funny, creative and honest. I don't think her blog is still active (Hyperbole and a Half) but she does have two books out. However, I digress.

Now that it's been almost 14 years, I still don't have a clear destination! I write about everything, whether personal, embarrassing, funny or religious. And shockingly: it has grown over the course of the years! I remember when I would only have a few reads per post, but now it has grown and I am so thankful to all of you for reading it and putting up with my nonsense. As of today: I am up to 40,245 reads over the life of the blog! Finding this out today really made my Monday morning 😀. And the best part is: as I have friends in other countries, they are helping to add to my reads. Keep spreading the word! 

When I go back and read some of my earlier posts, I can see how the writing has grown and I am able to tell more of a story. That is what I enjoy the most: telling stories and making people think, or feel, or commiserate, or hopefully laugh out loud. I want to educate and entertain which makes me the happiest.

On October 2022 I had reached 30,000 reads. I am thrilled that it took only a year and a half to reach an additional 10,000 reads. Sending a special shout out to China, Hong Kong, Australia, Canada, France, Sweden, Switzerland and of course those of you in the U.S. Here's hoping it takes even less time to reach 50,000! So again: thank you so much for your love and support. Keep reading!

Much love from the Little Blog that not only Could, but did,

Rita 💛💗


No comments:

Post a Comment