Monday, July 24, 2023

Sorry Kitty: Not That One

 Kitty has a vast collection of Living Dead Dolls. Contrary to the name, they are eerily lovely gothic dolls that she began collecting years ago. She uses them for her stop-motion music videos (on YouTube kaiennasunshine5000) and has them on display in her room. 

A couple of years ago she came to me and said, "Mom, there's a new Living Dead Dolls Series 35 20th Anniversary doll out now. Maybe I can buy it." "Oh? What's this one's name?" "Legion," she replied. "Oh hell no," was my reply (no pun intended).

For those of you who may not know, 'Legion' was the name of the 2,000-6,000 demons that possessed a certain man during Biblical times. "1 And they (Jesus and disciples) came over unto the other side of the sea, ,into the country of the Gadarenes. 2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, 3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains; 4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him. 5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones 6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, 7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not. 8 For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit. 9 And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many." Mark 5:1-9 KJV

So with that being said: doll or not, do you think I wanted anything in our house that is based on that scripture??? Not today or any other day satan!

Kitty has a pretty good grasp of the Bible and she said, "I thought you would say that. So no Legion: not ever." "That's right Kitty." "Okay, thank you mom. I know that is a bad name with a bad reputation." "Indeed." Yep: she's a pretty smart cookie.

However: this 'smart cookie' did get one over on mom. Usually when she wants to order a doll, she shoots a flare into the sky to see who wants to buy it for her (they're pretty pricey!). However, she has been buying them herself for quite a few years now. That's how this one slipped beneath my radar.

I got home from work one day a few years ago and Kitty met me at the door. "Mom! I finished my new video!" "What video?" "Robert Palmer's 'Addicted to Love'!"

Now that was one of my favorite songs! I couldn't wait to see how she had interpreted it with her dolls! We sat in front of my computer, I went to her YouTube channel and waited for the magic to happen. It opened with some of her female dolls as the backup dancers, as the intro music played. I am always amazed at the patience and time it takes for Kitty to do these videos. And then I see a male doll climbing onto the stage...

"Um Kitty, who is that male doll?" "It's Lou Sapphire." "Okay...why does he have horns?" She just looked at me. "Watch the video, mom."

I watched the video all right. Apparently, even though his name isn't spelled the same, I figured this one might have been named after you-know-who. "Kitty, the video is great but you got a doll named after lucifer????" "Mom, I honestly didn't think about it like that. I mean it's his first and last name, Lou Sapphire." "He has horns!" "Yes he does mom. But the devil doesn't."

This truly caught me up short because she is right. Contrary to popular belief: the depiction painted of the devil isn't accurate. He doesn't have horns, isn't red, doesn't have a tail or any of that stuff. Lucifer was the highest of the angels and had one job: to be the worship leader in Heaven. He was beautiful, and so musically gifted (the name Lucifer means 'shining one' or light bearer').  Yet he became prideful, and wanted to be above God and worshipped.

"12b Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. 13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold; the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou was created. 14 Thou are the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou was upon the holy mountain of God; thou has walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in they ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee." Ezekiel 28: 12-15 KJV

It was satan's lofty feelings of superiority regarding his beauty that corrupted him. "You corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor; I cast you to the ground, I laid you before kings." So after Lucifer tried to overtake Heaven God cast him out with the third of the angels that sided with him. However, he didn't lose his beautiful countenance. It just became...a twisted kind of beauty. After all, if you saw something like a man with hooves and a tail and horns and red skin carrying a pitchfork: are you going to go towards it? Of course not. Evil comes in many pretty packages, which is why people are drawn to things that aren't good for them because of the allure.

And finally: Lucifer lost that name. After being cast out of Heaven he became satan, as he was no longer that bearer of light.

Anyhoo, Kitty still has Mr. Lou Sapphire and he's well behaved, ha ha. But she knows that if she likes any other doll with a suspect name, she has to run it by me first!  And if you want to take a look at her music videos, just search kaiennasunshine5000. She has like 9 or 10 of those, and 2 or 3 actual "movies" that she created. Feel free to check her out (if you dare!).





 



No comments:

Post a Comment