Tuesday, July 25, 2023

My Commercial Issue For Today

 Commercials are a necessary evil when you watch TV. That's why I mostly DVR my shows so I can fast forward through them. They're like salad at a restaurant: just there to kill time until the entrée arrives.

But there is a commercial I caught when I was too lazy to fast forward. I'm sure you've seen it. And for some reason it really annoys me due to the ridiculousness of it. It's the commercial for Jardiance, the diabetes drug.

In this commercial, this woman comes out of her apartment building, singing about having a story to tell about a little pill. She's a pretty woman with a great smile and really nice teeth and hair. Then she goes to the town square and starts singing and awkward dancing with the other townsfolk. Then comes the mailman flashing his pearly whites at everyone, until he comes across the dancing woman. At this point they both have to break out their sexy and dance together (which is painful to watch) and then they both laugh and go on their merry way. She heads to what looks like wardrobe (outside), so her "stylist" picks out a dress for her and holds it up for her approval.

Now, homegirl is a short, plus sized woman (I can say that because I am too, just not short) so the stylist decides a flared yellow dress with a waist tie and big red roses would be the perfect dress for her. What?? Why do you hate this woman? Then after she changes into said dress (where?), she goes to hair and makeup where they brush her neck with a makeup brush and use a blow dryer on her already dry hair. Which looks exactly the same as it did, by the way, just like her makeup. Now she's ready to sing and awkward dance some more with the townsfolk, extolling the virtue of Jardiance, the little pill with a big story to tell. I just cannot. They should have at least let her pick out her own dress so she wasn't swishing around in that rosy yellow dress. 

Sometimes when I'm fast forwarding if I see that commercial I'll stop and watch it just to annoy myself. I think the thing I dislike the most is why is she changing her clothes in public to "glam up", when she's just singing the same thing she already sang. Seriously.

So that's my commercial beef for today. I'm so glad that's the only issue I have in life, ha ha. However, I'm entitled to my opinion and I know that you have commercials that get under your skin too! Trust me: that's not the only commercial. But I'll save the other two for another day 😀





No comments:

Post a Comment