Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Your Item Has Been Delivered

 No, it hasn't. 

You see, I placed an online order with Old Navy for leggings. They were only $6.00! Yes I know I already have 742 pairs, but when you have to split them with Brie...well you can imagine! And the weird thing is: she always tells me to stop ordering them because I have enough, yet when they show up she wants to know if I got her any! But I digress...

Anyhoo, I placed the order and even though it's 180 degrees every day, I couldn't wait to get them. I finally got the email that they had been shipped for free. Hooray! I'd have them soon and put them away for Fall.

And then, on July 14th, I got the text: your packages have been delivered! I was so excited. When I got home they weren't in the package area for deliveries, so I assumed that Kitty had taken them up and put them away. Then I promptly forgot about them until a few days later when Brie asked if we ever got those leggings. "Yeah, they were delivered on the 14th," I replied. "Well do I get to see them?" "When I'm ready to show them to you." Then I again forgot about them.

Schmoop-dog came over the following Sunday, and Brie again asked about the leggings. I half-heartedly looked around and said, "I think your sister brought them up. Ask her where she put them." She did, but her sister said she hadn't brought up any Old Navy bags. Then Schmoop said, "Didn't we carry up a couple of bags a couple of weeks ago?" I thought I vaguely remembered. "Maybe. Where did we put them?" We all looked around the room. "On the island?" he said. Nothing on the island. I saw a bag on a box by the front door. "Oh this must be it!" But it wasn't: it was tee shirts.

I checked my phone and went back to the text. I clicked on the link and there was a picture of a delivery guy with my packages by the door. Had someone stolen them??? Ugh, what a drag! "I'm going to have to contact Old Navy and tell them I never got my packages. I hope they replace my leggings!"

And as you can imagine: I never contacted them. It was too hot for me to do much of anything. Seriously: I cannot stand summer!

So a week or two later: imagine my surprise when Kitty sent me a text that said "I brought in your Old Navy packages." "What Old Navy packages?" "The ones in front of our door from FedEx." WTH...?  Sure enough, when I got home, there were the two Old Navy packages that were photographed supposedly delivered on July 14th, yet were brought to the apartment on August 2nd. And it wasn't laser ship this time: it was FedEx. Go figure!

I think the important thing is that I received my items without calling Old Navy, since I made no move to actually do it. However, the other thing is I think this was God's way of saying 'enough with the leggings!' I believe he's right!



No comments:

Post a Comment