Wednesday, February 9, 2022

I Knew It Was A Bad Idea...

 It's almost the greatest concert of the year day! Okay, there's a little football game being played around it, but seriously: Snoop, Dr. Dre and Eminem? Count me in!

Anyhoo, in preparation for the Super Bowl, last night on CBS they had a countdown of the 10 greatest commercials of all time. I really had to think about if I wanted to watch this show: and it was because of Brie. I knew if they showed any of the old Budweiser commercials, the waterworks would come on. 

Before the show even ran the first commercial, she was reminiscing about her favorite Clydesdale commercials. Like the one where the puppy has a best friend that's a horse, the puppy gets sold to a new family, and at the end of the commercial all the horses chase the car and stop it so they can have the puppy back. At the end the horse and puppy are frolicking, and Brie is crying. And that's before they showed the commercial!

Or the one where the horse is chosen to be in the big parade so leaves the farm. The owner who sold him is so despondent. Then he finds out that the horse team is coming near his town so he goes to the parade. Sure enough: the horse recognizes him, leaves the parade and finds the former owner so they can have a mini reunion. Tears!

So I knew it was a bad idea to watch this show with her, but I wanted to see if any of my favorites would be shown. And they were:  like the Doritos commercial where the little boy suckers the guy into believing he has a time machine (It's the future!); the Mean Joe Green commercial with the little boy giving him his Coke after a loss, and even I get a little sentimental over the Bud commercials. They had the best ad agency in town.

So we watched it, Brie cried, I tried not to make fun of her and it was all good. Does that make me heartless? I don't think so. I'm just able to enjoy sentiment without getting too mushy. But I didn't make too much fun of Brie for having a little marshmallow center 😊 After all: one of us has to! And by the way: the Bud commercial with the puppy was number one. No surprise there!

So for those who aren't football fans: you know you'll be watching specifically for the commercials. I saw the new one for BMW featuring Salma Hayek and Arnold Schwarzenegger. That's a good one! Can't wait to see what else is in store.

I don't have any skin in the Super Bowl, but if I have to choose a team: Go Rams! Hey don't judge me: I like their uniforms 😃

No comments:

Post a Comment