Wednesday, March 10, 2021

A Quickie

Oh get your mind out of the gutter. The title just means it's a short post!

I was at physical therapy Monday and noticed this older guy for the first time. I noticed him because he had a full head of really healthy-looking white hair and had to be at least 6'4".  Judging by the exercises he was doing I knew he had a shoulder injury too. Solidarity!

Anyhoo, every so often I would sneak a peek at him and noticed he was checking me out too. Interesting...

So this morning at my early session he was there again too. He was wearing a white turtleneck and jeans. That was a good look for him. My therapist was his therapist too. The therapist went over to check on him; and that's when I noticed White Hair say something to him and then they both looked at me. As a woman I knew what that meant! I still got it! 😉

Now it was time for the torture / I mean stretching of my arm. As I was sitting on the table, White Hair came and sat on the table next to me. "Hi," he said, blue eyes twinkling above his mask. I responded in kind, waiting for his next words. "Is your name Rita?" Hmm, had the therapist given him my name? "Yes..." I said slowly. "Are you Clancy's sister?" I chuckled. "Depends on what you say next!" "I'm Larry." I drew a blank. "Marion's guy." "Oh my goodness: hi Larry!" 

Turns out White Hair was one of Clancy's good friends; and I've known Larry's girlfriend since high school. Now I'm pretty sure I've never met Larry, but he must have seen me at some point or other, although I'm sure I would have remembered meeting him.

We chatted for a bit and afterwards before he left. This encounter left me with three thoughts 1) what a small world it is;2) I'm seriously recognizable even with a mask on; and 3) Marion appears to be one lucky lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment