Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Yep...Only Me

Since it's summer, I wanted to get a couple of new comfy summer dresses for Marie. So I headed to Walmart to see what I could find.

I went to the women's department and they had some nice flowy dresses with short flutter sleeves and floral designs. Since she loves flowers, I knew she would like these. I chose three and headed out of the department. But then I noticed a clearance rack up ahead and they had some tank dresses. I love wearing tank dresses in the summer, whether my biceps are in shape or not. Hey: you don't like how my arms look: don't look! Anyhoo, there was a red and thin white striped one that I knew would be very flattering on me. And since I've lost weight: I was able to get a smaller size. I snagged that pretty dress and headed for the cashier.

Anyone that knows me knows that sometimes I "misplace" stuff, and I misplaced my dress. It took me almost a month to find it! But I found it yesterday and put it on to wear to work (I can go into the office a day or 2 a week, thankfully!). I pulled the tags off and threw them on the coffee table. Brie told me how nice it looked and I said, "It feels great too! I love this dress!" Then I marched out the door to go to work.

All day I felt so good. That dress fit perfectly! I felt I needed to go back to Walmart to buy another one, if they had any left. But I didn't feel like putting on a mask so oh well. Maybe over the weekend.

I stayed late at work and then picked up Kitty from work at 7 p.m. We decided on pizza for her for dinner and wings for me. We got home and then we all had dinner. But I hadn't had much sleep the night before (thanks calming app!) and dinner made me sleepy. I said to Brie, "I wish I could just sleep in my beautiful dress, and then wash it to wear to Kitty's birthday dinner Friday night." Brie said, "Go ahead, I won't tell a anyone." "Maybe I will."

I saw the tags on the coffee table that I had taken off the dress that morning and figured I would throw them away. I took a closer look. One tag said 'Secret Treasures'. Hmm, that sounded familiar...I picked up the tag and slowly turned it over. 'Sleepwear". Oh snap: I had worn a nightgown to work as a dress!

As you can imagine, Brie laughed and laughed. "And you hate seeing people in public in pajama pants! You wore a nightgown to work! Bah ha ha ha! No wonder you want to sleep in it!"

I had no rebuttal. I do hate seeing people in pajama pants in public. Yet I wore a nightgown to work, and to Rite Aid to pick up a couple of things. Oy vey...

So I guess I don't have to buy another "dress" from Walmart's apparent sleep section! But man, it was really nice. So maybe what the public doesn't know: I can get away with!

No comments:

Post a Comment