Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Music While Working From Home

My original laptop is 10 years old. Ben, my tech guy (thankfully the beard is gone!), says it's the last good Dell that was made and he keeps it in tiptop condition. But maybe 3 years ago Brie bought me a new laptop for Christmas so my Dell kind of fell by the wayside.

Now, however, since I am working from home, the Christmas laptop is too small. So the Dell is back in business! When I charged it, turned it on and saw my desktop, I realized that my iTunes were still there. That was the good news. The bad news was it hadn't been updated in a couple of years, I had no clue what my password was and I needed that music!

Long story short: I did the LONG overdue update, reset the password and then logged in. However: I didn't see any of my songs. What happened to them? Lord knew I would be hard-pressed to buy all of those songs over again! And then I saw it: my music icon up in the left-hand corner. Silly me! So with much anticipation, I clicked on the icon -

And a whole unexpected world of song titles was in front of me! Songs I had totally forgotten about! Songs with great memories! And then songs I had never heard of...where had they come from? After listening to a few seconds of some of them, I remembered that at one point Schmoop-Dog had given me an iTunes card and asked me to make him some CDs. Whew! Glad the Rhino Bucket, Ugly Kid Joe, Whitesnake  and Danger Danger songs didn't belong to me!

Of course, according to Brie, there are some songs I shouldn't claim either. For instance, she hates the song "Evacuate the Dance Floor" by Cascada. She says no one would have heard of that song of it wasn't for that Dance Revolution video game and commercial. She's probably right, because I only heard the part from the commercial and I was hooked. Never even heard it on the radio! She also dislikes my dance tunes from my disco days when I was the Queen of the Club, at the age of 16 and 17 (don't tell Marie!). But those were great days! Who doesn't love Put Your Body In It, Keep Your Body Working, and Push Push in the Bush? I mean: besides Brie. Hey: dancing to those long club cuts is the reason why I was able to model my way through college. It kept my figure on point no matter what I ate! And my legs are still holding up! Disco rocks! Oh, and there are also rock songs, R&B and 600 more so I never run out of music.

And for the record: she had me download some questionable songs for her too. Like Duffle Bag Boy, I'm on One, Ice Cream Paint Job, Put it in Your Mouth and Whip and Nae Nae. Needless to say: I have deleted those songs.

So now my iTunes are just great songs that make my work from home day go by faster. I sing along, chair dance and basically forget any blues I may feel from having had to work from home for so long. And good news: I'll be back in the office 5 days a week starting August 2nd! Yay!

But I will miss the chair dancing and singing out loud. Somehow I don't think my co-worker Nancy would appreciate that particular show 😀 Or would she???? 😎









No comments:

Post a Comment