Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Not Again!

Summer has barely started but we've already had quite a few hot and humid days. With the sun blazing brightly, I realized that I needed my favorite sunblock to keep my arms from getting a farmer's tan. I had run out of it last year, but thankfully I had a Bath and Body Works gift card to order some online.

I went to the website and searched True Blue Spa Sunscreen. Nothing came up.  Then I searched just True Blue Spa and no match came up! . Say what??? I hastily searched Shea Cashmere and no match came up. Say it ain't so! But even a search of sunscreen proved futile on that website. Once again, a favorite product of mine was gone. 

I should be used to this as it seems to happen to me all the time (see Whatever Happened To.... June 17, 2020). Things that I really like seem to just disappear off the shelves like they were never there. This time though, I really, REALLY needed sunscreen! And the one from Bath and Body Works was a spray on that smelled really good and was very refreshing. Gone!

So now what was I going to do? Contact the company so they could say "Sorry for your luck"? Nope! I went to Plan B: Amazon! Thankfully I'm a Prime member so I could order some and get free shipping. Hooray!

As you can imagine: this is not how it went! I smugly pulled up Amazon and searched True Blue Spa Sunscreen. Eureka! There it was. But of course: it wasn't prime so I had to pay for shipping! AND it wasn't 2-day. AND they said they only had 10 left in stock because it was discontinued! Man, it hurt to not be able to use the gift card and also to have to pay for shipping. But I had to have this sunscreen so I did all of that.

Now the other bad news is: what am I going to do when my stash is gone? The girls already know they aren't allowed to use this since it can't be replaced. So eventually it will be time for Plan C. Can't wait to see what this entails.

In the meantime: I wonder what is the next thing that's going to disappear???? Oh, and if any of you know of a good spray on sunscreen that smells nice, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment