Tuesday, July 13, 2021

A Movie Marathon

 Saturday I got up early enough to catch the movie "The Dark Tower", starring my husband Idris Elba. I figured I'd watch it until it was time to get ready to go to the gym, and then record the rest. I had seen it at the theatre but it certainly warranted watching again!

I began to get ready. I was exiting the bathroom after my shower, but then started to feel... off. I made it to the couch and sat there for a couple of minutes. "Are you okay?" Brie asked. "Not really," I responded. I finally got out  my meter and checked my blood sugar. Yep: I was having a sugar low.

I don't have these very often, but when I do I know it. Then my girls spring into action. Of course I couldn't find anything close by to up my sugar, so thankfully Kitty brought me a caffeine free Pepsi and some taffy. "Here you go mom: this will help!" What a combination! But I dutifully drank some Pepsi and ate a couple of pieces of taffy.  Slowly I began to feel better but knew I wouldn't make it to the gym that day. Or anyplace else for that matter. So I laid on the couch to watch the rest of Dark Tower. I mean to rest!

My blood sugar level did go up some, but shockingly not a lot. I had another swig of Pepsi, Kitty made me something to eat, I checked the channel guide, and decided to watch the movie "Logan" with Hugh Jackman. I had never seen it and figured I'd probably fall asleep during it.

Nope! It was a good movie, full of action and gore, not like the other X-Men movies but I enjoyed it until the sad ending. I'm not going to ruin it for you: watch it yourselves if you want to know what happens. It's worth it!

There is a  new movie that is coming out this year that is the 3rd in a successful installment of movies. I had heard that you needed to see the first two to really enjoy this one. And lo and behold: the other two were coming on back to back! So I got ready to watch...Deadpool 1 and 2.

I had never been able to make it past the first couple of minutes of even the first one. But on this day, being pretty much just a fixture on the couch for the day, I figured I'd power through. And you know what? Yes they were rude and crude and violent and gross and whatnot: but also funny as all get out. Ryan Reynolds is amazing and funny, and the rest of the cast was so good in their roles! In the second one there was a teenage boy who for some reason reminded me of Rebel Wilson, but I digress. 

Anyhoo, I watched both movies and was glad I did! Then thinking about them, I realized that none of the characters in the upcoming movie, were in either Deadpool. And that's when I realized it wasn't Deadpool at all, but Suicide Squad! Seriously! And it would only be the second Suicide Squad movie, not the third. If my sugar had been normal maybe I would have realized sooner. But I didn't. And you know what? I'm not even mad about it. Those were two guilty pleasure movies, and I needed some pleasure that day. I'm pretty sure I won't watch them again and I don't regret seeing them.

But now: do I have it in me to watch Suicide Squad? Should I? Maybe if they show it on a Saturday when I'm home. However, please hold the sugar low!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment