Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Thoughts While "Working" From Home

So today's adventure of working from home began with me getting kicked off of the internet. I had Kitty resetting the router, and me signing out and trying to log back in like a maniac. As I was doing all of this and trying not to lose my work, here are some random thoughts that went through my mind:


  • What happened to all of my socks? My feet are freezing and I have no socks. I know my daughters took them because they were nice socks and they refuse to buy their own!
  • Why did Freihofer's stop making cupcakes? The ones from Entenmann's have frosting that doesn't even cover the cupcake and it's hard, like a Hostess cupcake frosting. What's up with that?
  • Where are all of my hoodies? I'm freezing! I bet Brie took them. She says wearing my clothes makes her feel closer to me. Lies!
  • How can I get my iTunes songs onto my non-Apple tablet? I bet Ben my tech guy would know.
  • This stay home stuff means I can't get my computer and tablet to Ben.
  • Why does Ben grow a beard that makes him look like Abraham Lincoln? So not sexy.
  • Intelligence is sexy, and so is a sense of humor. Ben has both.
  • Why am I thinking so much about Ben???
  • Why do I sit here freezing when I could just walk across the room and turn up the heat?
  • Why is Marie asking me why am I home???
  • Why am I home? If everyone else is not on campus: can't I just be there?
As these thoughts are going through my head, my boss texts me and lets me know it's a work internet issue, not our personal internet. So reboots and agita for nothing!

The problem was finally fixed and I was able to get some work done, and get out of my head. But my last random thought was: is Ben working from home too???

No comments:

Post a Comment