Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Updates


Every so often, I’ll go back and read a couple of my posts to amuse myself. In there, I noticed two posts that said I would update as appropriate yet I never did. So now seems like a good time to do so.

The first update comes five years after the original post entitled “July 20th”. In this post, it referenced my Saratoga racetrack / love story. There were only three chapters left to complete the manuscript, and I wanted to publish it on the opening day of the Flat Track season. That didn’t happen.

Now it’s 2020 and guess what? It STILL isn’t finished! I’m down to a chapter and a half. What’s my excuse? I published a different book instead, one that is a prequel to the book I haven’t finished yet! AND I’m working on another prequel to that Saratoga book. I know it sounds crazy but have you met me?? Apparently I’ll do anything to not finish writing that book. Maybe when I run out of prequels, the Saratoga book will be the sequel. Madness!

The next post is Lost and Found, from 2010. In it I reference an old school friend named Scott. I mentioned that I was writing a book about our chance run in, and that I would let you know when it was published. Well here’s the announcement: it was published November 2, 2011! Over eight years ago. I am so remiss! But it’s a fabulous story so now that you know about it: go to Amazon Kindle and download it onto your Kindle or e-reader app. You’ll love it!

And the last update for today is about my friend Sky, as in Sky’s the Limit from January 2011. I promised that I would write a blog post about him someday. Well I never did! It was too hard for me and there was just too much involved. So instead: I wrote a book! It’s one of the prequels to that Saratoga unfinished book. It’s called “A Good Place to Start”. It doesn’t exactly tell our story, but it tells a story that I like and it makes me feel good. So if you want a little more insight into my relationship with Sky, download this book!

Those are the only updates I have for today. Trust me: there will be more in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment