Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Best Concert Ever!

I am late to the Pink Floyd party, but the important thing is I got here. When I was growing up my brothers listened to their music. But since I had heard that it was 'head' music, I knew that meant you listened to it while you were smoking pot. Since I said no to drugs, I wouldn't listen to the music because I didn't want to be a drug addict. Yeah, I know! So fast forward 40 years, and I was finally mature enough to know I could listen to the music and not get hooked on drugs 😎 

It was actually Clancy that got me listening to them a few years ago. It turned out that Roger Waters was going to be performing in Albany and he really wanted to go. Tickets were going on sale prior to his payday,  so he said he'd buy my ticket to go if I got the tickets when they went on sale, and he'd pay be back. I had heard a few songs by this time and agreed. Why not go to a free concert that he was so excited about? Of course, I was naïve and thought it was going to be a brother / sister bonding experience: right up until he said we needed 4 tickets so his best friend and his girlfriend could go. Sigh...whatever. But since he was paying for the tickets, I said I'd get limo guy to drive us.

Prior to the show, I felt I needed to familiarize myself with their music, since I had only heard a few songs. So I proceeded to listen to every album I could find on YouTube. And what do you know? I didn't become addicted to drugs, ha ha! Listening to their music is a surreal experience: it takes you somewhere else and immerses you in the sound. Plus, the musicality was amazing! I was looking forward to the show.

I had gotten us really good seats at the MVP Arena. I wasn't too sure of what I'd be seeing at this show, but I was prepared to like it anyway. 

This show absolutely blew my mind. Hands down the best concert I've ever been to. It was soooo good, and unlike any other show I had seen. I wish the videos I had taken weren't too large to load here because it had to be seen to be believed! When I take pictures or videos, it's never more than like 30 seconds because I want to live the experience, not view it through a lens. The special effects were the best I'd seen at a live show. There was one part where I got so caught up: I actually believed that this town was coming from the ceiling! (yeah yeah: I'm naïve with childlike wonder. I do have videos and pictures on my Facebook though) It's so hard to explain, but if you get a chance check out Pink Floyd live concerts on YouTube, even though that is just a taste of what it's actually like. And I promise you: you won't get hooked on drugs if you listen!

I'm just sorry I'll never get to see Pink Floyd live: only either David Gilmour or Roger Waters since they had a horrible break up years ago. But their musical genius will live on, and on. 


 






No comments:

Post a Comment