Wednesday, September 20, 2023

The Commercial Continues!

As usual, I had recorded my soap and was watching it one day last week. I had been fast forwarding through the commercials, but I was playing a game on my phone too (Queen of the multi-taskers!). All of a sudden, I heard a commercial start and I glanced at the screen to see my nemesis: the Jardiance commercial gal. However, there was something different about it. So I rewound it...

And found that it was Part II! For some reason, home girl was on a bus heading out of town, instead of coming out of her apartment building. Where was she going? I wondered. The bus stops, she fist bumps some random guy sitting up front, then she hops off in another part of town. She heads for the new town square to sing about the magnificence of Jardiance, the little pill with a big story to tell, while doing her usual dancing wearing the same blue outfit.  

But then: the plot thickens. The man at the fruit stand is grooving, then he spots home girl and of course she has to go dancing over to him. But unlike with the mailman of the previous commercial, this time it seems more...intimate. Eye contact, smiles and when her "handler" comes over to get her, the fruit man makes sure to touch her shoulder. I immediately think 'she's cheating on the mailman with the fruit grocer'!! The utter audacity! No wonder she had to take a bus out of town.

From there, the commercial goes back to her going to the stylist who again gives her this yellow dress with big red flowers plastered all over it, she has her hair and makeup done by the same dry brush and blow dryer on her already dry hair; and then it's back to the fountain to awkward dance to the end of the commercial.

Needless to say, I was nonplussed. What a 'ho! The poor mailman is probably waiting to deliver her mail, and she's dancing around in another town with another guy. Obviously, she wants a man with his own business, not a government employee. 

I was so annoyed I saved the soap so I could show Brie the commercial, and she could share my outrage. Instead, she said, "What is the matter with you?" or something to that effect. "It's a commercial!" "But why did she have to leave town?" "To spread the word about Jardiance!" "Well she didn't need to be all up on that other man. 'Ho!" Needless to say, Brie was done with me at this point. However, I stand by the postman.

I can't wait to see who she's with when Part III rolls around, as she spreads her 'ho-dom and news about Jardiance to the next town! Oh you know there's more to come so stay tuned! 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment