Monday, September 12, 2022

I Just Wanted to Hang Up My Dress

 Friday night I decided to go through the Loft bag that had been delivered that day. It was just like Christmas! (still working on that 'date' wardrobe) The first thing I took out of the bag was a lovely white sweater with blue stripes. Too bad it was something I had already ordered that wasn't returnable! So Brie got the sweater. Twinning!

Then I took out what I knew to be a dress, but it was a color I never wear. It looked orange, but according to the tag it was 'bright Paprika'. Brie said, "Well that's different." She was right. But I took it out of the plastic and you know what? It was a nice dress! Maybe I needed a fresh pop of color. So I decided to hang it in Brie's spacious closet with my other dresses. I put my feet into a pair of flip flops and went into her room with her behind me. I got a hanger, put the dress on it and proceeded to hang it up. And then something happened...

I turned to say something to her, not realizing that the flip flops I had on were slippery. My left foot slipped a little and I put my left hand on her hamper, leaning as my right foot came up off the ground. Brie said, "Put your foot down!" but it was too late. My hand sunk in the clothes, I slid a little more as my right foot rose higher, and the next thing I knew I was laying on some shoe boxes next to the fallen hamper. "Are you okay?" Brie asked, stifling laughter I'm sure. I had to laugh. "Yes I believe so." One of the shoe boxes had come open and Brie said, "I've been looking for those shoes!" "Really?" I said. "I'm glad I could help you find them! While you celebrate finding your shoes, can you help me up?"

Before she could do that Lilly came in the room, saw me on the floor and started whimpering, running over and scrambling on top of the boxes so she could examine me to make sure I was all right. Then she gave Brie the stink eye because she thought Brie had tried to hurt me! Vivian came in too but was disinterested in poor Grammy laying on the floor so she left. Hater!! So now I'm trying to reassure Lilly and calm her down, while Kitty entered the room to see what was going on. And then came the project of getting me up. 

I have a bad left shoulder so I couldn't use the foot board of the bed to pull myself up. I had knee surgery so I couldn't get on my knees to get up. Kitty took my right hand to pull me up but that wasn't successful either. There wasn't enough room between the shoe boxes, Lilly and the bed. So I finally had to scoot on my butt until I was past the bed, roll over onto my poor bony knees and haul myself up. Ouch! Then I limped back into the living room.

Luckily I hadn't hit my head on anything. But I knew my neck, back and hip would be sore for a few days. Thankfully poor traumatized Lilly got up in my lap to make me feel better. Not!

Ever helpful Brie said, "I don't know why you wore those flip flops. They are very slippery." Are they Brie? I wear them because you bought them for me!

Here is the dress that started it all:


Cute, right? Yet not worth the aches and pains. And Brie is not allowed to buy me any more flip flops!


No comments:

Post a Comment