Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Well That's Strange...

 I have a lot of really nice dusters / cardigans that I bought last year. Now the sad part is: I can't find any of them now that I need them for this season! Luckily, JC Penney had some at a great price, so I ordered 2 for me and 1 for Brie. I also got a lovely black pullover, but I digress...

Anyhoo, I received the email that my items were at the store, and I could pick them up. After a few days, I decided that maybe I should pick them up before they were sent back. So this past Saturday, in the cold and rain, Brie and I finally made it to the store and arranged for curbside pickup.  Presently the employee came to the car with our bag, and we left.

Sunday was cold but I decided to wear a different cardigan to church. Afterwards, Brie opened the bag to get her black cardigan out, but I left mine in the bag. Monday, I finally took my black one out to wear, and set the navy blue one aside along with my pullover. I noticed there seemed to be something else in the bag. I shook out the small plastic bag, and there was something purple in it. Huh. I put it back in the bag and set it by the couch.

After work, I shook out the bag again and the plastic bag came out. I looked at it, and there seemed to be writing on it. I thought maybe it was a free gift, like a t-shirt or a hair wrap or something because I hadn't ordered anything purple. Later that night, I decided that instead of wondering what it was, maybe I should just take it out of the bag. So I did...

It wasn't a hair wrap. It wasn't a t-shirt. It wasn't a towel. It was a light purple size 12-months onesie! The white writing on it said "Crib hair, don't care". My eyes widened as Brie gasped. "What the eff is that?" she said. "Did you order that to tease me because I have no children?"

"Of course not! I have no idea where this came from."  I couldn't stop looking at it. Of all the things that could have been sent to me by mistake, this wasn't even on the top 100 list. I checked my receipt: no sign of a onesie on there. I looked at my online order details: no mention of a onesie there either.  It was a most curious thing! There didn't seem to be any snaps on it, so how were you supposed to change a baby or even get it into the onesie as it had long sleeves and legs? I went to the JC Penney website, searched "purple onesie", and a few came up. However, the writing was green, it didn't have legs and had button snaps on the diaper area. 'Tis a mystery.

I put the onesie back in the plastic bag, then put it back in the JC Penney bag. Then I thought hey: maybe it's a sign that someone we know out there is pregnant! But who?? I can't wait to find out; and then give them this onesie as a present. And maybe the next time I'm sent an item by mistake: it will at least be something in my size!


No comments:

Post a Comment