Friday, April 16, 2021

Mama Judi

 A lifetime ago, when Brie lived on the West Coast, she met an older woman at work named Judi. They got to be good friends and Judi was like a 2nd mother to her, hence the name Mama Judi. From everything Brie said about her, I figured that she must have been a good person and I trusted her to keep an eye on my daughter.

After five years on the left coast, Brie moved back home. But she still kept in touch with Mama Judi, as they were friends. Brie had planned to go back to Washington to visit one day, but hasn't made it back yet. I'm not mad at that!

When Facebook came out, Brie and Mama Judi were able to reconnect on that platform. I took a look at Judi's pictures and she looked like she had a pleasant countenance. After awhile I friend requested her and she accepted. And she was just as nice as Brie had said she was. And when she started reading my blog on Facebook: well that made me think even higher of her 😉 She became one of my biggest fans!

Brie was constantly telling Judi that when she got married, she wanted her to fly out for her wedding. Judi was terrified to fly. She eventually moved to Missouri from Washington state, but she did not fly!  I was hoping someday she would get over her fear of flying so she could visit. 

Sadly, Mama Judi will not be able to attend Brie's wedding when she gets married. She passed away earlier this week. It came as a shock, especially since Brie has lost so many people in the past year. One friend died just last Wednesday 😢 It has been tough, but Brie is tougher. I just regret not meeting the woman who took such good care of my daughter all those years ago.

In her honor, this is what I put on her FB for her daughter to see:

"Judi, you were a 2nd mom to my daughter when she was in Washington. Thanks for watching out for her until she moved back home. I'm so glad you remained friends and that we got to  know each other. You will be missed by many and were loved by all who knew you. God speed and God bless...may you find rest in the arms of God."

During this time keep your friends close to your heart and check in with them. No one is promised tomorrow, and this way there are no regrets.

Sending love to my friends 💛 And as always: thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment