Thursday, May 9, 2013

Speedy Recovery?

I am home recovering from hand surgery on 2 fingers of my right hand, which is my dominant hand. It hasn't even been a week yet and I am BORED.  I can't drive yet so I'm not going anywhere. It's hot so I'm not sitting outside. I currently have a low power bill so I won't turn on the central air. So I basically...sit. Or nap. Because even though it's my hand, any surgery is a trauma to your body so the body tires quickly.

You want to know who isn't bored? Pumpkin! This is one of the best things that's happened to her all year: Grammy's home! She's can't go anywhere! So Grammy can spend all night and all day with Pumpkin!

Let me tell you: I am sick of Pumpkin. I adore her but I'm trapped! So at night she's in my bed sleeping while I'm awake because I'm hot even with a fan blowing on me.  Then in the morning, after I've been up since 5 a.m., she stretches her little legs, opens her eyes, gazes adoringly at me and then comes over for me to rub her belly. Seriously? I only have one usable hand, you selfish little dog! Yet I rub her belly. Then she goes back to sleep while I give her the evil eye.

When I can't stand it anymore, I get up and we go downstairs where I have to singlehandedly open her Chef Michaels and feed her. As she eats, she gazes adoringly at me. Then she joins me on the couch, curls up in my lap FOR A NAP while I channel surf and curse the lack of anything watchable on the TV. Judge shows, who-the-baby-daddy shows, infomercials, news. Thank God today there was a marathon of America's NEXT Top Model on. Pumpkin wakes up from her nap, gazes adoringly at me and then goes back to sleep! She's such a hater!

One of the worse things about this recovery process is using my left hand. You don't even want to know how long it's taking me to type this post one-handed! But there are things that aren't fun that I have to do with my less dominant hand. I don't get too upset with the uneven moisturizing, or tooth-brushing or hair styling. However, there's one thing that I've had a hard time with, and that is what I'll delicately call the "T-Rex". 

It's the T-Rex because you know how when you take care of, you know, personal stuff, it's all good and you reach what you need to?  Well, it seems like now, since I have to use my left hand, my arm isn't long enough!  It's still the same circumference and all, but it's just not the same. And you end up at a weird angle...and let's just say that one time I almost fell off of the toilet! Brie's still laughing about that because I was dumb enough to tell her!

With all that being said, please wish me a speedy recovery. Or that my left arm gets longer...either one!

No comments:

Post a Comment