Saturday, April 20, 2013

Call Me "Ishmael"

A few weeks ago I received a 2nd bonus that I didn't tell anyone about. I did this for a couple of different reasons: I just wanted to pay off a couple of charge accounts and a loan; and then I wanted to squirrel away a little bit to go to the Saratoga Racino.  I was going to just sneak over there one day and no one would be any the wiser.

A couple of nights ago I had a dream that I went to the Racino, went to a certain machine and won $2,954.00!  It was a sign!  So now I knew exactly how it was all going to happen, and that I was finally going to win a jackpot!

My opportunity presented itself today. Kitty was at a friend's house for the weekend and Brie was getting all beautified at the hair salon.  So after I had my standing hair appointment I drove to Saratoga: my anticipation growing. I had a brand-y new $100 bill in my wallet: the money I had saved from my bonus specifically for this occasion. I was ready to break the bank!

I found a parking spot far enough from the entrance to be sure the wind wreaked havoc with my new 'do. Bummer!  Why were so many people there, anyway, taking up all the close parking spots? I fought my way through the wind and made it to the door. My heartbeat picked up in anticipation: would the machine of my dream be in the same spot? Would it be available? Was my dream of being a jackpot winner finally going to be realized?

I went inside and walked along the wall to the spot in my dream where the winning machine was supposed to be. Lo and behold: there it was! The Stinkin' Rich machine, featuring the smirking skunk that held the key to my soon-to-be acquired wealth! So as not to alert any of the other patrons to this fact, I slowly sauntered up to the machine and sat down in the chair in front of it as nonchalantly as you please.

This was it! My moment had come! I slowly took out my $100 dollar bill, not remembering how many times I was going to have to play, but knowing that I'd emerge victorious! I inserted the bill and watched the credits show up: 10,000 of them. Hey: it was a penny machine. But that didn't matter because I'd had the dream and I was about to make it a reality! So I entered the number of lines I wanted to play, and hit the magic button: 'repeat the bet'. As the lines spun, they eventually stopped and I hit...NOTHING. What? Well apparently it wasn't going to happen on the first spin. so I settled in to do battle with the machine.

Let me tell you: I fought with that machine for what felt like days. I felt like the guy trying to reel in Moby Dick! It was just me and the skunk, I'd lose credits, then I'd gain credits.  My money would go down, and then it would go up again. I was sweating, I was silently pleading...I got 2 bonuses to the tune of 45 free spins which was unheard of for me. Lady Luck was smiling at me: as she should be. There was no way I was going to go down without a fight!

And finally, when I felt I had no more left to give, I gave it one last spin.  I won! I won!!!!! I beat Moby Dick!

Yep: I beat Moby Dick all right. I'd gone in there with my $100 bill, and I walked out almost 2 hours later with:  $100.25.

You might think the whale, I mean the skunk, beat me but that's not true. Maybe I didn't exactly win the jackpot of $2,954.00, but I still came out ahead. I'd had fun, killed some time and didn't lose a dime.  However, the next time that I have a dream about winning a jackpot at the Racino: apparently it's going to have to be on more than a penny machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment