Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Give Me a Beat!

Kitty, my creative, mysterious child, has developed a new interest.  For the past few months, she has been making "videos" and posting them on YouTube.  Of course these videos don't feature her: they feature her Living Dead Dolls!

When she first said she was going to make a video, I was wondering how she was going to do it.  I don't know how to make videos using inanimate objects.  But I never should have doubted the industrious Kitty, who unbeknownst to me had been studying making videos in her program.  Why am I always the last to know these things? 

Anyway, when Kitty makes announcements of what she's going to do, I say "Okay" and wait to see what happens; or if it happens.  So one Saturday morning while I was getting my hair done, Kitty called and said, "Guess what?  My video's finished."  I said, "What??"  and she said, "Yep, I got up at midnight and worked on it from midnight until 4 this morning to finish it.  You can see it when you get home."

So of course instead of running my errands after my hair appointment, I had to hurry home to see exactly what this video consisted of.  Kitty had her computer downstairs and I eagerly pulled up a chair and she started it for me.

It was entitled "Slumber Party Massacre".  It featured not only some Living Dead Dolls, but also some Sailor Moon dolls as well!  She had sound effects, music, and used different photos she had taken.  It was a hoot!  I felt sorry for the Sailor Moon dolls because they met with various...untimely ends, but it was really cute and creative.  Go Kitty!  I loved it :o)  And she was so proud of herself.

But when her sister watched it, she thought it was scary.  Or maybe she just thought it was scary that Kitty had her dolls roaming around the house after everyone had gone to bed!  Brie's a little freaked out by the dolls, but I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't do any harm to her.  :p  But she did admit that her sister had talent.

Kitty is now up to...7 videos I believe.  And 4 are actual music videos!  My favorite is her take on Robert Palmer's "Addicted to Love", featuring Lou Sapphire.  I'm a big fan of his, haha!  So cute.  She also did one for Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name"; Toni Basil's "Hey Mickey" and her latest one is "Nasty" by Janet Jackson.  I love them all!  It takes a long time to do them, because she has to take loads of pictures as she moves the dolls in unison and in synch, times the photos with the music and produces a finished product. 

So I can't wait to see what else she comes up with.  My goal is to somehow get Ellen DeGeneres to see them, then have Kitty on her show.  That would be awesome, and Kitty could finally get the trip to California that she wants.

So stay tuned!  And check out the videos on YouTube: kaiennasunshine5000.  I guarantee you'll be amazed :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment