Friday, April 12, 2024

So Embarrassing

As some of you know, I was in a car accident in January. Besides the bad concussion, I have some other injuries that I'm healing from. So I'm still a relatively hurting unit: takes me a bit to get in and out of the car, that kind of thing.

Yesterday morning Brie and I stopped at our favorite Dunkies before work, as we usually do. Since my car was totaled in the accident, I was in the passenger seat. I had on a really nice dress, slit up both sides because I had an interview I was conducting that morning with a few others for a vacancy at the school. I wanted to look my best!

Anyhoo, Brie parked in the Dunkies parking lot and I went to get out. Due to my hurting stuff, this consisted of me opening the door, putting out my right foot, scooching around on the seat until I could get my left foot out and then hanging on to the door as I pulled myself up. No problem, right? 

Not until I noticed a truck had parked next to us. A very good-looking older gentleman was standing there, apparently waiting for me to unwind from my Quasi-modo position and get moving. As I replayed my actions in my head, I just hoped I hadn't flashed him when I was getting out, since the truck wasn't there when I started my exit. But sadly there was a chance that he could have been exposed to more than a bit of leg. Ugh!

However, he was a gentleman and waited for me to close the car door. Then he followed me to the entrance, and opened the door for me while smiling. He had really nice teeth, by the way. Then, since I was still embarrassed and didn't know what else to say, as we entered the vestibule I said, "Now you've spoiled me and can open this other door for me too." Thankfully he laughed as he did so, I said thank you, and he went to get his call-ahead order. He smiled again as he left and I wished him a good day.

By this time Brie was inside. The absurdity of the situation hit me, and I started laughing as I told her about our exchange. She said, "Well maybe he was smiling because he was looking at your ass while he was behind you." "No he wasn't!" "Oh yes he was!" Well he probably got a shot of the front so why not the back too???? Good grief!

I'm telling you: the ortho and PT had better get me back into pain-free health soon! Either that or it's going to be pants from now on 😐

 

No comments:

Post a Comment