Monday, October 16, 2023

I'll Pass on the Pecan Pie

 This is a quick one, and it's about another odd occurrence.

Thursday, October 12th, I got to work late because my little Vivian was sick. She's fine now and as entitled as ever, thank goodness!

Anyway, I got to work at 12:30 and went to check my email, as usual. I checked my work email and took care of a couple of things. Then I went to take a quick look at my own email. I saw that I had an email from Tate's Bake Shop of Southampton. Yum! What delicious cookies or loaf cakes did they have? The subject line read "Pecan Paradise Returns!" I love pecans so I quickly clicked on it.

Imagine my utter shock when I opened it and this is what I saw:


My mother has NEVER used a computer. She had no email address, and the only person in the family who ever ordered from Tate's was me. So what the heck...? If you look in the upper right hand corner, you see the date is October 12th and says it was four days ago as today is October 16th. So again: WTH? 

And just for the record: although I don't believe I've ever even tried pecan pie, I'm sure it would be too sweet for me to enjoy. But Marie liked it!

So there she is: still messing with me. I wish I could have seen my own face when I saw the greeting on that email! But I guess that's her way of letting me know she may be out of sight: but she doesn't let herself be out of mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment